Sigma or Tamron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sigma or Tamron

I shoot a D7000 and have read the AF on the sigma is better with older bodies like the D7000. I'm looking at the Sigma or Tamron 150-600. Any suggestions? I see great photos posted from both manufacturers was just hoping for a little guidance from our local photography gurus! Thanks. Houston camera exchange has 2 Sigma in stock right now...

Originally posted by Bonesplitter View Post
    I shoot a D7000 and have read the AF on the sigma is better with older bodies like the D7000. I'm looking at the Sigma or Tamron 150-600. Any suggestions? I see great photos posted from both manufacturers was just hoping for a little guidance from our local photography gurus! Thanks. Houston camera exchange has 2 Sigma in stock right now...
    I haven't held the Tamron but there are some good reviews out there.. Check out Tony Northrups review on youtube..

I'd not trade my Sigmas.. I did post some new photos on my thread a few minutes ago..

Comment

love my tamaron..... can't speak for the sigmas....

Comment

A couple of sites to look at:
        Tamron vs Sigma 150-600 - here are the images from our Madikwe safari so you can compare the Tamron and Sigma 150-600mm lenses

Photographer Dustin Abbott does a direct comparison between the new Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary and the Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC ...

We compare the standout features of these two competing telephoto zooms from Tamron and Sigma in our Tamron vs Sigma 150-600mm comparison

Looks like it depends on who you ask. I've got a Sigma 70 - 200 APO. I use my Canon zoom that is a little slower, but 1/4 of the weight.
        See if you can try one from some one before you spend the money.

Comment

I did a lot of research before landing on the Sigma 150-600 Contemporary. They're both great lenses but the forums I read indicated the Sigma to be a bit better. This was by folks that tested both.

Comment

not sure. im trying to meet the 30.

Comment

Working...
            X