No announcement yet.

Grill Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would personally get an offset stick smoker, that you can use as a grill with charcoal or native wood. It will last longer and allow you to graduate into longer cooks and smoke larger amounts of meats. As you know, there are tons of local made units and varieties in Texas and everyone always want a larger pit over time. Many feature a quick firebox grill for small quick applications. Bit the bullet now and it will pay for itself in no time.

Comment

I used to use gas grills but food just did not taste right. I equate gas grills to the microwave of backyard cooking. I cook on nothing but charcoal. I used the Aussie Walkabouts for several years and replaced them every other year. A friend told me about Weber grills. Since I got the first one, I have never looked back. I cook on the Weber at least two to three times a week.

Comment

Like above, I got a Weber Performer a couple years ago and have probably used my gas grill twice since then and the stick burner maybe 3 times. Can do hot and fast and low and slow. It is the one with the propane starter and a table. No rickety legs. Will probably always have one of these moving forward.
        Last edited by HoustonHunter94; 03-20-2018, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
          I just use an old smokey. Large enough to stand a beer can chicken and just a great inexpensive grill. Academy sells leg extenders for like seven dollars so you don’t have to bend over. I’m not a fan of gas grills myself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          Love the smokey. Gonna have to look into the extenders

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Comment

I just bought this dude and have been very pleased. Grilling surfaces won't let you grill for 20, but for the wife and I it's perfect. Love some meat grilled over charcoal!
              Attached Files

Comment

Rock wood is the beat charcoal you will ever buy. Never thought I would mail order charcoal. I use it in the bge especially for things I want to have a mild grilled flavor. Burns hotter and better for anything though. Royal oak from Home Depot for half the price gets the job done 90% as well and is my go to most of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My weber is 4 years old and legs are good. They have fallen off when moving it but no damage and good to go in a second.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfootwolff View Post
                    Weber Kettle, my parents lasted over 15 years. The 22 inch has a good amount of cooking surface.

This is the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

PK grill

Comment

Bge

Comment

Big green egg, it’s the best you can buy.It will out last all the others. And it easy to use

Comment

I got a Char Griller Texas Trio from Home Depot. The grilling areas aren’t huge, but big enough for a brisket. I like having the gas for quick meals when I get home late.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Char-Gri...3070/302624342

Comment

Buy a Rec Tec pellet grill and never look back. My trailer pit has not been used in over a year.!!!!

Comment

ttt

Comment

Working...
                                X