Smallest AC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smallest AC?

I have a bathroom at the ranh that's 35-40 sq/ft. I'm trying to find a real AC for it.

All I can find so far are the little cheesy fan/water ones (that don't do much) or a 5,000 BTU window unit.

I don't want a window unit as it would block the view and freeze out the person on the toilet LOL And being 35 sq/ft a 5k BTU would be vast over kill.

Does anyone make a smaller unit? Even if it's a window unit I an cut a hole and put it through the back wall.

Other ideas?

That’s about the smallest I’ve ever seen. You know you can set the temperature on them so it doesn’t turn the room into cold storage? Short of that would be a block of ice.

Comment

Put one of the portable a/c’s in there then you could cut a small hole. They use the hose and vent like a dryer.

Comment

Mini split

Comment

Originally posted by Trailerman3 View Post
          Put one of the portable a/c’s in there then you could cut a small hole. They use the hose and vent like a dryer.
          I thought about this but couldn't find one under 5k BTU.

May end up with a 5k window unit.

Comment

Is there room on the wall to just frame out a dedicated hole for the window unit maybe?

Comment

5K is somewhat a std in small AC...and so may choices/brands keeps price down...Smaller will prob cost more..We had simular bath house with 5K on low was OK ...but we weren't dealing with View

Comment

Originally posted by Smokeater View Post
                Is there room on the wall to just frame out a dedicated hole for the window unit maybe?
                I'll probably try this. How bad could I screw it up? LOL

I was just hoping someone made a stand up 2k BTU or even 1k Doesn't appear so.

Comment

Comment

I don’t see a lot of detail on how it works. Is this a “swamp cooler” type? Like the cooler ones we’ve been making?

Great price if it works well, just curious what it needs to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                      I have a bathroom at the ranh that's 35-40 sq/ft. I'm trying to find a real AC for it.

All I can find so far are the little cheesy fan/water ones (that don't do much) or a 5,000 BTU window unit.

I don't want a window unit as it would block the view and freeze out the person on the toilet LOL And being 35 sq/ft a 5k BTU would be vast over kill.

Does anyone make a smaller unit? Even if it's a window unit I an cut a hole and put it through the back wall.

Other ideas?

Window units won’t freeze you out anymore, the compressors cycle off too quick. Even so, they’re cheap and have thermostats.

Comment

Tried one like that. They don't work at all. Not any better than a tiny fan blowing air over a wet rag. It was so bad it made the decision to return super easy (that's the only positive LOL)

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                          I'll probably try this. How bad could I screw it up? LOL

I was just hoping someone made a stand up 2k BTU or even 1k Doesn't appear so.

They make them, you just wouldn’t want to pay what they cost. Cabinet Coolers
                          Let me check, I might have a 1400 btu at the shop

Comment

Working...
                          X