Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > D-I-Y Projects
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2017, 12:17 PM   #1
aggie82josh
Eight Point
 
aggie82josh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Rosharon, TX
Hunt In: Ozona
Default Barn Door Coffee Table

The wife had been wanting to fill a void spot in our kitchen and wanted a coffee bar. So, I built this for her.
Attached Images
 
aggie82josh is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-15-2017, 12:25 PM   #2
JayB
Ten Point
 
JayB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Rowlett
Hunt In: Cass County
Default

Looks nice. Is that shelf on the wall made from an old piano?
JayB is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-15-2017, 12:35 PM   #3
aggie82josh
Eight Point
 
aggie82josh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Rosharon, TX
Hunt In: Ozona
Default

I'm not sure. My wife bought that at a craft show.
aggie82josh is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-15-2017, 12:38 PM   #4
125Dad
Ten Point
 
125Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: keller
Hunt In: Coke Co.
Default

You make us lazy guys look bad.

Very nice work.
125Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-15-2017, 12:50 PM   #5
be12hunt
Ten Point
 
be12hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Lake Jackson, TX
Hunt In: Montell, TX
Default

That looks great. Do you mind me asking how much time and money you have in it? I've been thinking about making an entertainment stand like that soon.
be12hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-15-2017, 01:13 PM   #6
aggie82josh
Eight Point
 
aggie82josh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Rosharon, TX
Hunt In: Ozona
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by be12hunt View Post
That looks great. Do you mind me asking how much time and money you have in it? I've been thinking about making an entertainment stand like that soon.
I probably have about $100 in material invested. Since we wanted it to have that old country look, we just used regular yellow pine for everything except the shelves. For the shelves I used regular old cedar fence pickets to get the rough cut look. The most expensive part of the whole build was the hardware for the barn doors.

I built it a few hours at a time over a few days, but I'd say I could have possibly knocked it out in a solid day if I was able to just get after it. But, this thing is built like a tank with pocket holes at every connection.
aggie82josh is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-29-2017, 10:29 AM   #7
thegreatgooz
Spike
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Default

That's pretty cool
thegreatgooz is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-29-2017, 10:33 AM   #8
bowhuntz
Four Point
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie82josh View Post
I probably have about $100 in material invested. Since we wanted it to have that old country look, we just used regular yellow pine for everything except the shelves. For the shelves I used regular old cedar fence pickets to get the rough cut look. The most expensive part of the whole build was the hardware for the barn doors.

I built it a few hours at a time over a few days, but I'd say I could have possibly knocked it out in a solid day if I was able to just get after it. But, this thing is built like a tank with pocket holes at every connection.
Where did you find the hardware? I am building my daughter one and cannot find that hardware.
bowhuntz is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2017, 08:09 AM   #9
rswell2
Four Point
 
rswell2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Kentucky
Hunt In: Kentucky
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhuntz View Post
Where did you find the hardware? I am building my daughter one and cannot find that hardware.
My brother bought a kit from Amazon for about $30. It didn't have the rail, so he bought a piece of steel flat bar that was the size he wanted and painted it black to match. He may have paid an extra $10-$15 for the bar, I'm not sure.
rswell2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2017, 11:10 AM   #10
paulmckinney
Spike
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Default

Very cool project.
paulmckinney is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2017, 11:11 AM   #11
jbowman612
Six Point
 
jbowman612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Aubrey, TX
Hunt In: Aubrey, TX & Public Land in TX/NE
Default

Cool
jbowman612 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-19-2017, 04:14 PM   #12
aggie82josh
Eight Point
 
aggie82josh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Rosharon, TX
Hunt In: Ozona
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhuntz View Post
Where did you find the hardware? I am building my daughter one and cannot find that hardware.
I believe we found it on amazon. I just made sure to buy the kit that had a flat bar longer than what I needed. Then just cut the flat bar down to size.
aggie82josh is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com