Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2017, 07:22 AM   #1
Traildust
Pope & Young
 
Traildust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alvin, Texas
Hunt In: Green Screen
Default DACA....Trump.....What?!

So Trumps kills DACA. Says we are a nation of laws. 12 hours later he tells congress to legalize DACA, or he'll re-visit it? ***?

I don't understand all the hoopla. Push it to congress and let them work on it? LMAO!. Those guys aren't gonna do shat with elections right around the corner

Our immigration policy does need a little tweaking.
Enforce the laws on the books. Everyone coming in to work must be documented and pay taxes. Everyone! Prison and fines for folks working undocumented workers. E-verify works, just implement it. Report. Deport. GTFO!

Stop the anchor-baby BS. Zero government assistance for documented or un-documented workers.
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2017, 09:03 AM   #2
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point
 
Livin'2hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Hunt In: my birthday suit
Default

When I heard Trump is going to kill DACA, it made me stop and think. I had to admit to myself that he IS doing the right thing on the right issues and not voting for him was a mistake. Now, I hear this news and remember why I made the decision not to vote for him last November. The flip-flopping, wishy-washiness needs to cease. If he doesn't hand deliver results on at least a najority of his campaign promises, there will be a new President in 2020. I will admit, Trump has been far more effective than I ever believed he would be. He just needs to remember who elected him.
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2017, 09:42 AM   #3
Clay C
Ten Point
 
Clay C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Conroe
Default

All he did was kill the Executive power. He's teilling Congress to get off their A*&$# and actually write up an immigration reform bill. Basically saying do your jobs so the executive powers don't have to. This is the perfect chance for them to get something done with immigration reform. The bill won't mirror DACA. If it does and he signs it, then I'll be PO'd.
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2017, 10:12 AM   #4
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point
 
Livin'2hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Hunt In: my birthday suit
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post
All he did was kill the Executive power. He's teilling Congress to get off their A*&$# and actually write up an immigration reform bill. Basically saying do your jobs so the executive powers don't have to. This is the perfect chance for them to get something done with immigration reform. The bill won't mirror DACA. If it does and he signs it, then I'll be PO'd.

Clay, I could look at it two ways. Trump either off-loaded a hot potato for Congress to deal with and kick the can further down the road OR he put it on Congress to show the voters exactly who isn't "playing nice" in the yard. If the latter is true, it may be a wise move.

Illegal laws are not laws thus, I don't follow the reticence on Trump's part to squash this like a two legged roach.

Right now, I'm not liking the direction this is going.
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2017, 10:38 AM   #5
jerp
Pope & Young
 
jerp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Aledo
Hunt In: Shackleford Co.
Default

Trump did the right thing by undoing a clearly unconstitutional executive order and forcing Congress to do their job. That being said I would place money on some tightened-up form of DACA getting passed. There is no way we are going to deport over 800,000 people that were brought here at the average age of 6. That seems politically and practically impossible. No politician wants to get painted as a "dream-crushing, racist xenophobe".
jerp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2017, 10:56 AM   #6
Clay C
Ten Point
 
Clay C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Conroe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerp View Post
Trump did the right thing by undoing a clearly unconstitutional executive order and forcing Congress to do their job. That being said I would place money on some tightened-up form of DACA getting passed. There is no way we are going to deport over 800,000 people that were brought here at the average age of 6. That seems politically and practically impossible. No politician wants to get painted as a "dream-crushing, racist xenophobe".


This was my point. DACA violated federal law. He put it in Congress's hands as it is supposed to be. The Executive branch does not have the power to legislate immigration (or anything for that matter).

I agree I don't think there will be mass deportations, but the Whitehouse also made it pretty clear there will be no amnesty for people who benefited under DACA. Without DACA it will be easier to deport people causing issues.
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2017, 11:26 AM   #7
Traildust
Pope & Young
 
Traildust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alvin, Texas
Hunt In: Green Screen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post
This was my point. DACA violated federal law. He put it in Congress's hands as it is supposed to be. The Executive branch does not have the power to legislate immigration (or anything for that matter).

I agree I don't think there will be mass deportations, but the Whitehouse also made it pretty clear there will be no amnesty for people who benefited under DACA. Without DACA it will be easier to deport people causing issues.
Trump tweeted he wants DACA turned into law = amnesty.
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2017, 11:31 AM   #8
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point
 
Livin'2hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Hunt In: my birthday suit
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
Trump tweeted he wants DACA turned into law = amnesty.

I'll have to take your word on his tweet. If that is the case, Trump will be a one-term President.
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2017, 11:49 AM   #9
Traildust
Pope & Young
 
Traildust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alvin, Texas
Hunt In: Green Screen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
I'll have to take your word on his tweet. If that is the case, Trump will be a one-term President.
Congress now has 6 months to legalize DACA (something the Obama Administration was unable to do). If they can't, I will revisit this issue!
ó Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 6, 2017
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2017, 12:36 PM   #10
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young
 
muzzlebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Euless, Texas
Hunt In: Sterling County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
Trump tweeted he wants DACA turned into law = amnesty.
Sounds to me like he is trying to learn how to be a politician, you know, say one thing but do another. Either make it law or get rid of it. One or the other! I am all about rescinding every EO that Obama ever issued. Period!
I am far more worried about Lil Kim over there sitting on his nukes.
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2017, 01:46 PM   #11
J Sweet
Pope & Young
 
J Sweet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerp View Post
"dream-crushing, racist xenophobe".
This has been my issue with DACA from the get go. The liberals and dems use the imagery of innocent children for any immigration debate. You cant even be against a murdering thug illegal, they will just revert the argument back to the sweet children and that you must be some horrible racist to want them gone. Im am sure Obama and his ilk had knowledge of this tactic in mind when implementing.
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2017, 02:18 PM   #12
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default

He is setting up congress.... It's all part of him exposing these liberals operating with a "R" by their name..
Just like did with the health care vote.. Will they pay the price??? Who knows but probably not..
ttaxidermy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2017, 03:18 PM   #13
J Sweet
Pope & Young
 
J Sweet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
He is setting up congress.... It's all part of him exposing these liberals operating with a "R" by their name..
Just like did with the health care vote.. Will they pay the price??? Who knows but probably not..
I think the best plan of attack is to focus on the party leadership. Not against all repubs as a whole but when congressional elections arise Trump should publically call out Ryan, Brady, McConnell, McCain and the rest of them holding chairs.
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2017, 04:02 PM   #14
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point
 
Livin'2hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Hunt In: my birthday suit
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
This has been my issue with DACA from the get go. The liberals and dems use the imagery of innocent children for any immigration debate. You cant even be against a murdering thug illegal, they will just revert the argument back to the sweet children and that you must be some horrible racist to want them gone. Im am sure Obama and his ilk had knowledge of this tactic in mind when implementing.

Sweet, you're being short-sided. Don't you know, they are ALL valedictorians and will ALL be doctors? Duh.
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2017, 04:07 PM   #15
J Sweet
Pope & Young
 
J Sweet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
Sweet, you're being short-sided. Don't you know, they are ALL valedictorians and will ALL be doctors? Duh.
Yeah, and some will be rapists and some will be murderers. I love the liberal counter to that, "well there are actually more crimes committed by native born Americans than immigrants". Like that makes it okay somehow. Children, I swear that's what libs remind me of.
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2017, 04:09 PM   #16
Bazo
Ten Point
 
Bazo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Where I can
Default

Pay your money, take your test and get your citizenship. What’s the big deal. They want to whine and cry all day long about this isn’t fair and that isn’t fair. What’s keeping them from doing what they need to do to be able to be legal?

Last edited by Bazo; 09-06-2017 at 04:27 PM..
Bazo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2017, 04:13 PM   #17
Jayt22
Ten Point
 
Jayt22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Forney
Hunt In: Cracka county
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
So Trumps kills DACA. Says we are a nation of laws. 12 hours later he tells congress to legalize DACA, or he'll re-visit it? ***?

I don't understand all the hoopla. Push it to congress and let them work on it? LMAO!. Those guys aren't gonna do shat with elections right around the corner

Our immigration policy does need a little tweaking.
Enforce the laws on the books. Everyone coming in to work must be documented and pay taxes. Everyone! Prison and fines for folks working undocumented workers. E-verify works, just implement it. Report. Deport. GTFO!

Stop the anchor-baby BS. Zero government assistance for documented or un-documented workers.
Amen!
Jayt22 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2017, 04:22 PM   #18
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point
 
Livin'2hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Hunt In: my birthday suit
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazo View Post
Pay your money, take your test and get your citizenship. Whatís the big deal. They want whine and cry all day long about this isnít fain and that isnít fair. Whatís keeping them from doing what they need to do to be able to be legal?

Exactly. I know a man who immigrated from Mexico and did so legally. He absolutely abhors border jumping. He told me, "If I can do it, it can be done. They just have to want to do it. The problem is, they don't want to be citizens." I believe he hit the nail on the head.
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2017, 04:26 PM   #19
iamntxhunter
Pope & Young
 
iamntxhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dallas
Hunt In: North Texas
Default

Don't forget the Dems had full power at one point (House, Senate and President) to address immigration and they didn't do squat.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
iamntxhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2017, 04:42 PM   #20
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point
 
Livin'2hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Hunt In: my birthday suit
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
Yeah, and some will be rapists and some will be murderers. I love the liberal counter to that, "well there are actually more crimes committed by native born Americans than immigrants". Like that makes it okay somehow. Children, I swear that's what libs remind me of.

Ignorant children, maybe. Again, I circle back to the "they're not affecting me" defense. On both sides, it's easy to live in whatever bubble people choose and claim illegals aren't affecting anyone. It's despicable for anyone to ignore a Federal felony because they don't directly feel the impact or have a soft spot for the future valedictorians and doctors. If Kate Steinle were still alive, she would likely agree with me.
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2017, 07:10 PM   #21
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
Exactly. I know a man who immigrated from Mexico and did so legally. He absolutely abhors border jumping. He told me, "If I can do it, it can be done. They just have to want to do it. The problem is, they don't want to be citizens." I believe he hit the nail on the head.
Truth right here!!
BrandonA is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2017, 09:08 PM   #22
Tbar
Ten Point
 
Tbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Texas
Default

I love it!!! Throwing that hot potato to congress......LMAO!!!

They don't want to vote on it......it will expose them to the base. ROTFLOL!!!


Tbar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2017, 09:41 PM   #23
JFISHER
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brownwood
Hunt In: BWD
Default

Name:  daca.jpeg
Views: 465
Size:  115.6 KB
JFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2017, 11:26 PM   #24
JFISHER
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brownwood
Hunt In: BWD
Default

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ture-from-u-s/
JFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2017, 07:02 AM   #25
Capt.Brown
Ten Point
 
Capt.Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Burnet
Hunt In: Texas
Default

There never going to mass deport, therefore let's pave a way for them to become legal and start paying taxes among other things.
Capt.Brown is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2017, 02:17 PM   #26
Traildust
Pope & Young
 
Traildust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alvin, Texas
Hunt In: Green Screen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Brown View Post
There never going to mass deport, therefore let's pave a way for them to become legal and start paying taxes among other things.
Amnesty.......Ya, I'll pass on that idea!

Cut them off on everything including employment.....they'll leave or have to steal to stay here. Come in the right way. Nothing is owed to them.
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2017, 09:40 PM   #27
Capt.Brown
Ten Point
 
Capt.Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Burnet
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
Amnesty.......Ya, I'll pass on that idea!

Cut them off on everything including employment.....they'll leave or have to steal to stay here. Come in the right way. Nothing is owed to them.
I understand what your saying, but you, I and everybody knows this will never happen. Hell they can't even agree on repealing Obama care!!!
Capt.Brown is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-08-2017, 10:14 AM   #28
Snakelover
Pope & Young
 
Snakelover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Poetry, TX
Hunt In: Stephens Co., TX
Default

You can't finish a race unless you start it. I wouldn't even care if they granted amnesty to every illegal immigrant already here if they would just secure the dang border and begin doing the right thing going forward.
Snakelover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-08-2017, 10:16 AM   #29
Clay C
Ten Point
 
Clay C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Conroe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Brown View Post
I understand what your saying, but you, I and everybody knows this will never happen. Hell they can't even agree on repealing Obama care!!!
They can agree on Obama Care. They agreed they don't want to. After they were re elected on the promise to do it. Screw them all. Thieves and liars.
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-08-2017, 11:08 AM   #30
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner,Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakelover View Post
You can't finish a race unless you start it. I wouldn't even care if they granted amnesty to every illegal immigrant already here if they would just secure the dang border and begin doing the right thing going forward.
They Promised Reagan this exact thing long ago.
Like typical bags of crap they never held up their end of the deal after Reagan granted amnesty.

That freakin border will NEVER be sealed up because business likes the labor
flywise is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-08-2017, 01:50 PM   #31
stickerpatch59
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: gonzales tx
Hunt In: gonzales, and....
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
They Promised Reagan this exact thing long ago.
Like typical bags of crap they never held up their end of the deal after Reagan granted amnesty.

That freakin border will NEVER be sealed up because business likes the labor
yep, and the dems like the votes.
stickerpatch59 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-11-2017, 09:14 AM   #32
Snakelover
Pope & Young
 
Snakelover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Poetry, TX
Hunt In: Stephens Co., TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
They Promised Reagan this exact thing long ago.
Like typical bags of crap they never held up their end of the deal after Reagan granted amnesty.

That freakin border will NEVER be sealed up because business likes the labor
That's why the border needs to be secured first. Businesses don't care how they originally got here as long as they're eligible for employment.
Snakelover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-11-2017, 09:38 AM   #33
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner,Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakelover View Post
That's why the border needs to be secured first. Businesses don't care how they originally got here as long as they're eligible for employment.
Yes sir, agreed
flywise is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2017, 07:38 AM   #34
texansfan
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Houston
Hunt In: East Texas/Marshall
Default

So trump let's the illegal kids stay and forgos the wall?

What did he get out the deal???
texansfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2017, 09:02 AM   #35
J Sweet
Pope & Young
 
J Sweet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan View Post
So trump let's the illegal kids stay and forgos the wall?

What did he get out the deal???
According to the NYT, so............................ we shall see.
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2017, 09:59 AM   #36
Hank Hill
Eight Point
 
Hank Hill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Fort Worth
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
According to the NYT, so............................ we shall see.
Fake News, you'd think we'd be used to it by now
Hank Hill is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2017, 10:16 AM   #37
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point
 
Livin'2hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Hunt In: my birthday suit
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Hill View Post
Fake News, you'd think we'd be used to it by now

I may be alone here but I never had faith a wall would be built and for numerous reasons.
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2017, 11:13 AM   #38
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point
 
AZST_bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Cypress, Tx
Default

They will never be able to mass deport as said above....so here is what I suggest

1.) Criminals (anything done besides crossing the border) get out, end of story..
2.) All dreamers and their parents that are here (and have not broken any additional laws) will be issued a SS number and a green card to be able to work/pay taxes.
3.) You may not collect any kind of government "welfare"
4.) No voting rights, ever... end of discussion
5.) Any other criminal activity (including DUI) you are gone, back to where you came from.
AZST_bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2017, 11:27 AM   #39
J Sweet
Pope & Young
 
J Sweet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
They will never be able to mass deport as said above....so here is what I suggest

1.) Criminals (anything done besides crossing the border) get out, end of story..
2.) All dreamers and their parents that are here (and have not broken any additional laws) will be issued a SS number and a green card to be able to work/pay taxes.
3.) You may not collect any kind of government "welfare"
4.) No voting rights, ever... end of discussion
5.) Any other criminal activity (including DUI) you are gone, back to where you came from.
Can we add back taxes to estimated wages to number 2?
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2017, 11:47 AM   #40
LWC
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default

Any chance we ever REALLY enforce the laws on the employers that hire the illegals? There wouldn't not need to be any mass deportation. Illegals would migrate back to where they could get a job.

Also would have to cut the illegal welfare benefits. Still boggles my mind how this stuff ever got rolling.
LWC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2017, 11:59 AM   #41
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point
 
AZST_bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Cypress, Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
Can we add back taxes to estimated wages to number 2?
More than okay with that, should also throw in a fee for any government program they received money from
AZST_bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2017, 12:02 PM   #42
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point
 
AZST_bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Cypress, Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWC View Post
Any chance we ever REALLY enforce the laws on the employers that hire the illegals? There wouldn't not need to be any mass deportation. Illegals would migrate back to where they could get a job.

Also would have to cut the illegal welfare benefits. Still boggles my mind how this stuff ever got rolling.
How can you enforce a law that is not mandated. Employers are mandated to check people paper work. You can get that paper work from the flea market. Until Everify is mandated there is no way to come down on businesses.

The other issue is there are not a lot of jobs in Mexico. That is all run by the unions now and has ruined the job market there.
AZST_bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2017, 12:34 PM   #43
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point
 
Livin'2hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Hunt In: my birthday suit
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWC View Post
Any chance we ever REALLY enforce the laws on the employers that hire the illegals? There wouldn't not need to be any mass deportation. Illegals would migrate back to where they could get a job.

Also would have to cut the illegal welfare benefits. Still boggles my mind how this stuff ever got rolling.

I agree with your second point to the enth degree. The problem with the first is, that is punishing employers; citizens whom make this Country function. Why are we so quick to punish the citizen employer who is just trying to make a living in a rigged game? Why are we permitting the politicians who maliciously ignore the Laws of this Nation (which is an impeachable offense) and provided illegal aliens unfettered access to our homeland when they should be deported? Try to sneak into Mexico and see what happens to you.

These politicians allow aliens to pour across the border for cheap labor. In order to keep them here and buy votes, they provide them with housing allowances, food stamps, medicaid, welfare, education and for those that file taxes....child income tax credits for the 22 "children" they supposedly had by the time they were 30 years old. Then, they claim not to be married so they can double up on the benefits. All told, they're bringing in anywhere from $62K to over $100K per year, per family. That's a mighty handsome head-start on legal citizens whose take-home on that money would be $35K-$60K.

Point being, these illegals suck the gubmint titty and eventually, some open businesses with that financial support. They take in relatives who, in turn, work for them and cousin Juan is paid the $3 or $4 per hour...under the table, of course. I have to pay the same labor $12-$15/hour just to get them to show up. Plus all my taxes (which they don't pay because of their "write-offs"), insurance (which they don't carry) and expenses (which are offset by welfare).

When it's all said and done, I pay my taxes, health insurance, vehicle insurance, food, housing, business insurance and pay higher LEGAL wages because I refuse to hire illegals. My take-home is abysmally low compared to Sergio doing 1/5 the work because my gubmint uses my tax money to fund putting me out of business. THAT is the way the game is played.

Does that sound just to you?
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2017, 12:40 PM   #44
stykshooter
Ten Point
 
stykshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Miami Beach / Houston
Hunt In: S. Dakota, Nebraska & Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
They will never be able to mass deport as said above....so here is what I suggest

1.) Criminals (anything done besides crossing the border) get out, end of story..
2.) All dreamers and their parents that are here (and have not broken any additional laws) will be issued a SS number and a green card to be able to work/pay taxes.
3.) You may not collect any kind of government "welfare"
4.) No voting rights, ever... end of discussion
5.) Any other criminal activity (including DUI) you are gone, back to where you came from.
I believe that's DACA already

https://www.us-immigration.com/defer...ion-I-821D.jsp

https://www.nilc.org/wp-content/uplo...2015-01-30.pdf
Attached Images
 
stykshooter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2017, 12:49 PM   #45
LWC
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
I agree with your second point to the enth degree. The problem with the first is, that is punishing employers; citizens whom make this Country function. Why are we so quick to punish the citizen employer who is just trying to make a living in a rigged game? Why are we permitting the politicians who maliciously ignore the Laws of this Nation (which is an impeachable offense) and provided illegal aliens unfettered access to our homeland when they should be deported? Try to sneak into Mexico and see what happens to you.

These politicians allow aliens to pour across the border for cheap labor. In order to keep them here and buy votes, they provide them with housing allowances, food stamps, medicaid, welfare, education and for those that file taxes....child income tax credits for the 22 "children" they supposedly had by the time they were 30 years old. Then, they claim not to be married so they can double up on the benefits. All told, they're bringing in anywhere from $62K to over $100K per year, per family. That's a mighty handsome head-start on legal citizens whose take-home on that money would be $35K-$60K.

Point being, these illegals suck the gubmint titty and eventually, some open businesses with that financial support. They take in relatives who, in turn, work for them and cousin Juan is paid the $3 or $4 per hour...under the table, of course. I have to pay the same labor $12-$15/hour just to get them to show up. Plus all my taxes (which they don't pay because of their "write-offs"), insurance (which they don't carry) and expenses (which are offset by welfare).

When it's all said and done, I pay my taxes, health insurance, vehicle insurance, food, housing, business insurance and pay higher LEGAL wages because I refuse to hire illegals. My take-home is abysmally low compared to Sergio doing 1/5 the work because my gubmint uses my tax money to fund putting me out of business. THAT is the way the game is played.

Does that sound just to you?
I hear what you are saying and you make some good points. A lot of the same could be said for the drug trade and how the government controls that to a degree and it allows for our judicial system to profit, exploit, imprison, etc...

I just think if "we" want to correct the immigration problems we have to take away the incentive for illegals to immigrate. That starts with jobs. Simple as that. I don't think it will ever happen. Too many folks making $$$. But unless we do that, all the walls, border patrol, etc.... is just a smoke screen put out by politicians. It is sad really, what we are becoming as a country and how we are manipulated by the politicians that supposedly work for us.

Last edited by LWC; 09-14-2017 at 01:06 PM..
LWC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2017, 01:00 PM   #46
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point
 
Livin'2hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Hunt In: my birthday suit
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWC View Post
I hear what you are saying and you make some good points. A lot of the same could be said for the drug trade and how the government controls that to a degree and it allows for our judicial system to profit, exploit, imprison, etc...

I just think if "we" want to correct the immigration problems we have to take away the incentive for illegals to immigrate. That starts with jobs. Simple as that. I don't think it will ever happen. Too many folks making $$$. But unless we do that, all the walls, border patrol, etc.... is just a smoke screen put out by politicians. It is said really, what we are becoming as a country and how we are manipulated by the politicians that supposedly work for us.
I hear ya brother and I don't disagree. I know this, if our gubmint cut all of their benefits, they can't afford to stay here anyway and they will go home.
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2017, 01:02 PM   #47
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point
 
Livin'2hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Hunt In: my birthday suit
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
They will never be able to mass deport as said above....so here is what I suggest

1.) Criminals (anything done besides crossing the border) get out, end of story..
2.) All dreamers and their parents that are here (and have not broken any additional laws) will be issued a SS number and a green card to be able to work/pay taxes.
3.) You may not collect any kind of government "welfare"
4.) No voting rights, ever... end of discussion
5.) Any other criminal activity (including DUI) you are gone, back to where you came from.

Not bad except this can all be undone by the next administration or even this one and it breaks Constitutional Law. Once they're here, they're here. The bad far outweighs the good here. Like I've said before, this is not a humanitarian matter. It is a matter of logistics and finances.

Last edited by Livin'2hunt; 09-14-2017 at 01:14 PM..
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2017, 01:55 PM   #48
Shane
Pope & Young
 
Shane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Abilene, TX
Hunt In: Mismatched camo
Default

Back during the campaign, the wall kept getting 10' higher just about every day.

Seems like it's been getting about 10' shorter every day since January.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2017, 02:10 PM   #49
Capt.Brown
Ten Point
 
Capt.Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Burnet
Hunt In: Texas
Default

The wall will NEVER EVER be built. He will have excuse after excuse of why.
Capt.Brown is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-14-2017, 02:12 PM   #50
Capt.Brown
Ten Point
 
Capt.Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Burnet
Hunt In: Texas
Default

I'm not for the wall I think that's crazy, if they can tunnel under a prison and pop up in a cell a wall isn't going to stop them, spend the money on tech for the border.
Capt.Brown is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com