Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Harvey Aftermath & Relief

Old 08-31-2017, 03:21 PM   #51
slabnabbin
Six Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JES View Post
Well, ****. I spoke too soon. Water has come up about 3' vertical rise, or more, in 18 hours. Going to be close if it gets in the house. I think our bigger problem are the idiots that are driving through the high water in the road, which is causing wakes and could force water in the house before it even floods.

The river is dropping at 1489 in Simonton. It crested sometime in the last 24 hours and has dropped 4-6" since then. I was hear at 2:30 yesterday afternoon and it was still rising but now is falling pretty fast.
House and businesses along 359 didn't look good this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
slabnabbin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-01-2017, 12:40 PM   #52
rtp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: open range

The river has officially crested and is falling. Thanks be to God. It spares all of the leveed communities in Fort Bend including mine. Looking at those pics is crazy. My parents live about 2 miles behind the Swinging Door. So far they are fine, the water only made it up to their door.
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-01-2017, 05:57 PM   #53
JES
Ten Point

Hunt In: Stonewall County

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtp View Post
The river has officially crested and is falling. Thanks be to God. It spares all of the leveed communities in Fort Bend including mine. Looking at those pics is crazy. My parents live about 2 miles behind the Swinging Door. So far they are fine, the water only made it up to their door.
That's good to hear about your folks, I was curious how that area was holding up.
JES is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top