Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 08-22-2017, 08:19 AM   #1
Charles
Pope & Young

Default Pres. Trump Afghan Strategy

Anybody else see his speech last night about the war in Afghan?

Discuss...
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2017, 08:32 AM   #2
M16
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Colorado, LaSalle, McCulloch,Menard Counties

J Malin? Is that you?
M16 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2017, 08:56 AM   #3
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

I liked his tone
I liked hearing that he is lifting the restrictive rules of engagement on the military
I liked the fact that he was leaving the prosecuting of the conflict to the folks who know how to do this and not the folks in DC who think they know how to do this.
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2017, 08:58 AM   #4
Charles
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by M16 View Post
J Malin? Is that you?
No. Why you ask?
Old 08-22-2017, 09:02 AM   #5
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
No. Why you ask?
I'm pretty sure that's how that guy started every post. Lay out a broad issue, then say "discuss".

What ever happened to that dude anyways?
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2017, 09:04 AM   #6
Charles
Pope & Young

I like that he basically told Pakistan they can no longer harbor terrorist. We will hunt them down and kill them.

We are also not there to be a nation builder. We are there to kill the enemy.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:23 AM   #7
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post
I'm pretty sure that's how that guy started every post. Lay out a broad issue, then say "discuss".

What ever happened to that dude anyways?
I think he got perma banned. That's all he would do is stir the pot. I found it freaking hilarious.

Is socio economic strife in Typhoon stricken Western Africa causing political turmoil responsible for recent genocides committed by the sitting government and respective war lords?

Discuss......
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2017, 10:19 AM   #8
Kmart49
Ten Point

Hunt In: Callahan County/Stephens County

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
I liked his tone

I liked hearing that he is lifting the restrictive rules of engagement on the military

I liked the fact that he was leaving the prosecuting of the conflict to the folks who know how to do this and not the folks in DC who think they know how to do this.

x2^^^

2/3 of all US Combat fatalities in Afghanistan came during the Obama presidency. I'm not a soldier but I'd venture to say the handcuffing done by Washington during that time directly affected the amount of men and women killed.
Kmart49 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2017, 10:55 AM   #9
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Im conflicted about Afghanistan. There is no economy outside of dirt farming and the queens poppy. I don't know what we can do for that country honestly. We could leave the peaceful people standing and kill off all the bad ones but that would involve a level of war this country is not prepared for. Im talking war crimes level expert.

I also hate to see the sacrifices made, made in vain when we pull out and it gets worse like Iraq did. But if we aren't going to go full **** **** mode then I don't think its worth any more service members lives.

No good answer really.
Old 08-22-2017, 11:15 AM   #10
mikerosa
Four Point

It was a great speech. It was a collaborative agreement with his military advisors. It shows his willingness to follow his military advisors because Trump wants out of Afghanistan .

The left will find a negative or they will brush it under the carpet and back to insulting him.

Trump speaks in Arizona tonite ? Soros is busing in 10,000 protesters who are antifa! Phoenix will be assaulted while trying to attend and then burned to the ground. Just watch. This will be the lefts showdown against Trump. Military might be needed next ! That's what antifa wants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mikerosa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2017, 11:33 AM   #11
100%TtId
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
Im conflicted about Afghanistan. There is no economy outside of dirt farming and the queens poppy. I don't know what we can do for that country honestly. We could leave the peaceful people standing and kill off all the bad ones but that would involve a level of war this country is not prepared for. Im talking war crimes level expert.

I also hate to see the sacrifices made, made in vain when we pull out and it gets worse like Iraq did. But if we aren't going to go full **** **** mode then I don't think its worth any more service members lives.

No good answer really.
Afghanistan has vast deposits of important rare earth minerals and other metals that can be easily mined if they weren't located in a war zone. If we can stabilize the region and get mining activities started, the payoff could be huge.
100%TtId is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2017, 11:44 AM   #12
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerosa View Post
Soros is busing in 10,000 protesters who are antifa!
where did you see that?
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2017, 11:44 AM   #13
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerosa View Post
It was a great speech. It was a collaborative agreement with his military advisors. It shows his willingness to follow his military advisors because Trump wants out of Afghanistan .

The left will find a negative or they will brush it under the carpet and back to insulting him.

Trump speaks in Arizona tonite ? Soros is busing in 10,000 protesters who are antifa! Phoenix will be assaulted while trying to attend and then burned to the ground. Just watch. This will be the lefts showdown against Trump. Military might be needed next ! That's what antifa wants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They will cause huge problems and destruction like they have for 8-9 months and the media will not have the KKK to blame but they will blame it of something because everyone knows the antifa are just concerned citizens who oppose Trumps racism
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2017, 11:52 AM   #14
Mike Javi Cooper
Pope & Young

ROE should be simple... Locate.... Kill them all, really dead...

Antifa wants a war with the right ????

They better get something to fight with besides masks and clubs... are it will be a really short war...
Mike Javi Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2017, 11:56 AM   #15
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%TtId View Post
Afghanistan has vast deposits of important rare earth minerals and other metals that can be easily mined if they weren't located in a war zone. If we can stabilize the region and get mining activities started, the payoff could be huge.
It would take one heck of an investment that's for sure. Maybe when it runs out in less remote areas. The infrastructure is just not there, even if you got it mined it would be cost prohibitive to get it out. We would have to build highways, rail, pump in water, electricity and god know what else. But like you said its a war zone so none of these things will happen.

They actually have the best soil for cotton growth I have read. But no way cotton is ever gonna take the place of opium and the US wont back anything that is in direct competition of our own farmers.

My plan to stabilize that country would have me at the Hauge War Crimes Tribunal Court, tried and executed.
Old 08-22-2017, 12:20 PM   #16
Hank Hill
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
My plan to stabilize that country would have me at the Hauge War Crimes Tribunal Court, tried and executed.
Unfortunately this is the situation we have created. I'll eat crow if we're actually in and out of the conflict with a quick resolution, but I found the speech to be very disheartening. I sounded like more of the same Bush-era, United States of Israel foreign policy.

The USSR's rules of engagement following the Saur Revolution in Afghanistan were basically to kill everyone and burn it to the ground - and that still didn't win them the war. The CIA-funded groups that fought the soviets and later became the diverse array of terror groups that we see today, will be the same ones to undermine the USA's success - and likely be proxy-funded by Russia, in an ironic twist of history.

There's no happy ending in Afghanistan, regardless of what any politician or military general might want to assure the public of.
Hank Hill is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2017, 01:04 PM   #17
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

Wow I just listened to the full speech. How someone could take any part of that and twist it into something evil is beyond me. In my opinion that was one HELL of a speech and he spoke to every reason I pulled the lever for him.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2017, 01:05 PM   #18
DJM
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills Co,Coryell Co,Lampasas Co

While I like that they're letting the commanders on the ground fight the war,I don't see us actually"winning".We've been training their military and security forces for over a decade and they still can't or won't do it on their own.Unless we have a permanent presence,when we leave it'll be the wild west again.

DJ
DJM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2017, 01:08 PM   #19
tward1604
Four Point

Hunt In: wherever I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%TtId View Post
Copper and lithium being the main ones. However there's a small country called China buying up massive tracts of land to mine as soon as the war is over.
tward1604 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2017, 01:09 PM   #20
tward1604
Four Point

Hunt In: wherever I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM View Post
While I like that they're letting the commanders on the ground fight the war,I don't see us actually"winning".We've been training their military and security forces for over a decade and they still can't or won't do it on their own.Unless we have a permanent presence,when we leave it'll be the wild west again.

DJ
For the most part you are right. But some of the ABP we had with us were as hard charging dead serious about killing taliban as anyone. It will take time for this mentality to grow. how long i do not know
tward1604 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2017, 01:24 PM   #21
Ironman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere

One thing is certain. When this Afghanistan thing is over, the heroine epidemic in our country will whither away.
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2017, 01:44 PM   #22
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
One thing is certain. When this Afghanistan thing is over, the heroine epidemic in our country will whither away.
You aint ever lied, except we just prescribe it now so there will at least be an alternative.
Old 08-22-2017, 02:46 PM   #23
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever

For me it was a fair speech. I just don't like more of our folks being sent there. 16 years is long enough......ask Russia about that horrible idea in the 80's. But let's not be naive......Afghanistan has the world's largest deposits of rare metals! If we leave the Chinese, etc al, will fill the void.....asked we will be left out. Just hate to see our military folks being used as pawns.....again!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top