No announcement yet.

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ran into his sorry azz the other day and he was going on about how much skill it took to sit in a blind and bait deer he was out there yesterday morning too he said he's from San Antonio. He drives a red dodge truck does a lot of walking.

Comment

I love all these comments about PUBLIC land I understand it's public and I understand that it's a risk we take hunting it but dang, you and everyone else have the same opportunity we do to go out scout a trail start feeding it and get a deer don't be a sorry sumbuck and feast off someone else's money and time maybe I was raised with a little more morals then some but I wouldnt feel good about cashing in on someone else's hard work and if your the type that can make an excuse for it then to me your the type that could do it there's plenty of land out there to have the same chance as everyone else putting the time in. One thing I think about is you might be taking away from a kids opportunity or like this ladies first opportunity. Don't be a lazy A Rant over good hunting everyone

Comment

Originally posted by dgrant View Post
        I love all these comments about PUBLIC land I understand it's public and I understand that it's a risk we take hunting it but dang, you and everyone else have the same opportunity we do to go out scout a trail start feeding it and get a deer don't be a sorry sumbuck and feast off someone else's money and time maybe I was raised with a little more morals then some but I wouldnt feel good about cashing in on someone else's hard work and if your the type that can make an excuse for it then to me your the type that could do it there's plenty of land out there to have the same chance as everyone else putting the time in. One thing I think about is you might be taking away from a kids opportunity or like this ladies first opportunity. Don't be a lazy A Rant over good hunting everyone
        You said it in a much nicer way than I have been thinking it bud. I understand its public land also. With that said so many people young and old don’t seem to have any sense of decency or respect and consideration for others anymore. It seems like this sense of entitlement that has come over this country the past 5 or 6 years has no boundaries or end in sight. Thank God i was raised better than that by my parents. I feel bad if I even walk near someone else’s set up much less try and hijack it.

Comment

I'm the same way walk up on it and back out. Sorry to hear what happened to you like I said he drives a red newer dodge 4 door and both times I've seen him he parks by the front of that road that runs behind that trucking company house place.

Comment

So he said he lives in San Antonio?

Comment

That's what he said the first time I ran into him.

Comment

i have a few Q's. what all is needed to hunt here. i read that there is no permit req. is there an entrance fee. or is it just go set up shop and dont get shot?

cheers

Comment

You got it...

Comment

Set-up Bait getter done

Comment

nice. looks like ill be planning a trip up there next week.

Comment

Me and the guys I hunt with were hunting/camping in area 4 and a gentleman pulled up talking about how he is guiding 15 people in area 4. Has anyone else heard this. I just want to know locations to stay away from. If you are getting guided to hunt public land I want to stay out of your shooting path at all cost

Comment

What was he driving ? What did he look like? Description please!

Comment

Well sir to be honest I was actually taking a nap. It was the day it was 23 degrees out and the cold whipped my but. However when I heard him say he was guiding that many people I poked my head out the tent and saw he was an older guy. I will get back with you on vehicle in a few minutes. I wanted to say something but I know how conniving people can be to your stuff when you make them angry. Is this illegal?

Comment

ok JD. My buddy texted me back. He was between 35 and 40 yrs old. driving an expensive white/light silver SUV. It definitely looks like it doesn't belong in those woods. Im pretty sure it would stand out if he was on any of those roads. Sorry I cant be more help. He seemed pretty eager to tell us he was guiding out there so if you meet him he will let it be known.

Comment

Sorry if you think I was coming off as a D ick; I seriously wasn't trying to call you out about anything... I just wanted to know for my person interest, I don't guide people on hunts on TBR... I have/do show people the lake and let them make their own minds up where to hunt unless they want more help than that; I was just hoping it wasn't me y'all ran across and got the impression I was guiding hunts... Then again I don't drive a white SUV nor am I in in the age group you described him to be as.... Being a local Id like to run into that guy and see what all he thinks he knows about TBR...

Comment

Working...
                                X