Trolling motor slapper/thumper for striper and sandbass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trolling motor slapper/thumper for striper and sandbass

Have any of you guys put one of the rigs on your boat yet. I'm looking for a place to buy a slapper or thumper prop for a trolling motor. I have been on guide boats that have them and they work to draw the fish close to the boat once you find them.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I've seen thumpers that are it's own unit. Never seen a trolling motor prop that thumps. What does it thump against?

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
      I've seen thumpers that are it's own unit. Never seen a trolling motor prop that thumps. What does it thump against?
      It mounts in the place of the regular trolling motor prop an is set right at the water line an turned on making a slapping or thumping sound. It drives the fish nutts. It seems to be a secret that guides dont really want clients to know about.

Comment

Last person I talked to that had one made his own. There is a guy on TFF that sells a complete unit.

Comment

Originally posted by TreyRo View Post
          Last person I talked to that had one made his own. There is a guy on TFF that sells a complete unit.
          I will see if I can find it, I may just have to build something.

Comment

For those interested, my friend sent me this picture of what he put on his boat. It's a piece of aluminum angle he cut. He said it works great. Also I found a a company called grayline who makes a bolt on model for $50.

Comment

Paging BrandonA, time to bust out the rubber mallet.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhogboy View Post
                Paging BrandonA, time to bust out the rubber mallet.
                LOL The rubber mallot has called in a lot of fish. I have upgraded to a walking cane with a thick rubber stop and a tennis ball. next upgrade will be bobos thumper. https://sites.google.com/site/bobosthumpercom/

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
                  For those interested, my friend sent me this picture of what he put on his boat. It's a piece of aluminum angle he cut. He said it works great. Also I found a a company called grayline who makes a bolt on model for $50.

Try it again

Comment

If you want a thumper, bobos thumper is the way to go.

For the splasher, here you go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
                      If you want a thumper, bobos thumper is the way to go.

For the splasher, here you go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
                      That's exactly what I need, and hes in texas. Thank you for the info.

Comment

I've seen a guide us a dead blow hammer on the side of the boat before to get them into a feeding mood. Not sure how it works but it did. I watch the school come up off bottom and go to feeding.

Comment

I never knew this was a thing. Gotta be a certain sound cause my kid is notorious for slamming lids and dropping stuff on the bottom of the boat

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                            I never knew this was a thing. Gotta be a certain sound cause my kid is notorious for slamming lids and dropping stuff on the bottom of the boat
                            Slamming lids and dropping stuff will scare away a school. Steady “ thump” will call them in. Advantage to the Bobo thumper is it keeps thumping while you’re reeling in fish holding the school

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                              Slamming lids and dropping stuff will scare away a school. Steady “ thump” will call them in. Advantage to the Bobo thumper is it keeps thumping while you’re reeling in fish holding the school
                              And this is mostly used for wintertime and whites, stripers, hybrids?

Comment

Working...
                              X