Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Draw hunts, what are y'all putting in for and did you draw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long do have to pay for your spots? I'm trying to figure when those of us on 2nd draw can check back in. Lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

2 weeks

Comment

I can't put in for anything this year, Ill be too busy with finishing up school and a new job. Maybe next year!

Comment

Originally posted by millertravis07 View Post
          I can't put in for anything this year, Ill be too busy with finishing up school and a new job. Maybe next year!

Good deal, makes our odds better !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by whiteoak View Post
            Daughter got drawn for Either sex at Big Bend , Devils River, and the Chap. **** lucky!!! Now I have to decide which one.
            Wow hit the jackpot! You can go on all 3 if the dates are different. I havent hunted Bend but I would def not miss out on Devils and the Chap! Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
              JD Murphree for me! Sep 19-20
              My group got drawn for the same hunt period! Looking forward to it!

Comment

23 years straight of not drawing a Rita Blanca Pronghorn tag. I might not be around to ever draw this hunt.

Comment

Pending 2nd draw as well for Rita Blanca

Comment

Every year I put in for at least one in every category but in most I put in for multiple. That gets me about three to four hunts per year. This year I have already drawn what I consider a Texas hunting bucket list item Alligator at JD Murphree. Additionally and not related to the draw I was invited to a Nilgai hunt on the King Ranch next weekend so standby for those photos.

Comment

Niglai hunt in the King Ranch huh.... lucky you. Hope you get a big one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Garner s p

Originally posted by Deerguy View Post
                        Mostly true. They do have shooting lanes, maybe 90-100 degree field of view, for safety reasons. They also thin the herd with contractors. But, it's only because the public hunters (me included) weren't killing enough to reduce the herd. In the long run, more important to reduce the numbers, than keeping so many that hunters are happy (it is an exotic after all). Plus the contractors only come in after the hunts are over for the year. Like I say, it wasn't necessarily a bad hunt, just substantially different that the freedom you normally get on a compartment hunt.
                        Deerguy,think it was 2 yrs ago write ups in dallas paper about the contractors killing axis sure it was before a hunt why not have more opportunity no season on em, my2Cents

Comment

I probably won't get any, as I put in for just a handful within 2-3 hour drive of town, but I'll update if I get one in.

Comment

Originally posted by whiteoak View Post
                            Daughter got drawn for Either sex at Big Bend , Devils River, and the Chap. **** lucky!!! Now I have to decide which one.
                            My daughter got drawn for big bend also

Comment

My son got youth either sex at James Daughtrey, he was pending 2nd draw and scored on it.

Comment

Well fellas, my son was drawn for 5 hunts this year! Most excited about the JD Murphree gator hunt 9/16 & 9/17. I have never hunted gators and neither has he. I have plenty of friends with mud boats that I have access too, but will they let them go with you to help out?

Here is the list of hunts if you have any info that would be awesome! Also, why do they give us two permits for each hunt if it is listed as youth only? Just for access to the hunt or each of us gets to hunt?

Nannie Stringfellow gun deer either sex 10/7&8
                                Richland Creek WMA gun deer either sex 10/28&29
                                Old Sabine Bottom WMA gun deer either sex 12/16&17
                                Abilene State Park gun deer either sex 12/9&10
                                JD Murphree WMA Gator 9/16&17

Comment

Working...
                                X