2016 Pushmataha County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
    He's got some good tine length doesn't he!
    Long tines are a great trait our bucks have but they lack in width and mass. Wish we could feed protein but the bears kill us on that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Had this old guy show on cam for the first time. Wish I had a better body shot but he looks like he is on the decline. Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0049.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	24481424

Also lucked into a shed right under my feeder when I was up on Tuesday.

Comment

Don't like seeing this!

Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0170.jpg
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	24481425

Name:	PICT0168.jpg
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	24481426

Name:	PICT0169.jpg
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	24481427

Comment

Looks like its time for a pig hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Guns_up View Post
            Looks like its time for a pig hunt.
            Well I did promise a friend I'd take him up for a pig hunt and with deer season being over he won't have to buy a license now.

Comment

We left a lot of meat on the bone this year....none of our target bucks were taken so we're hoping they make it through the rest of the winter and we get another crack at them next year. Several of them are 6.5-7.5 now, so there will probably be a bit of decline or a major dropoff, I guess we'll see in August. I'll be posting some pictures from this year and maybe a video if I can figure out how to load it without it getting pixelated too bad.

My buddy Aaron did take a nice 126" 9 point so it wasn't a completely busted season. I finally got off the feed pens and did some in season scouting, finding two awesome trails where I hung stands and cameras. The cameras were productive, showing daylight pics of target deer but I just never was at the right stand at the right time. I'll be using the feed pens next season as an inventory tool and will be hunting all season next year on the trails, with at least 4-5 spots to rotate to, with each spot having a north and a south wind set hung over the same trail. The initial expense will suck but I'm hoping it pays off with two buck tags filled next year. Those East and West winds that occasionally rip through there are gonna be tricky boogers to hunt

Comment

push deer

Here is one of ours that made it through the season. First year on this place so I haven't been able to watch this deer to really tell how long he has been around. Planning on doing more food plot work so maybe we can see him and his buddies a little more often. Anyone have a guess on his age? Body wise, I was thinking at least 4.5 but not always the best at judging.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by PSE-Madman View Post
                  BG what camera is that. The night pics are incredible
                  Well the pics may be good but I will again say I will not buy another Stealth Cam product. The G30 started killing batteries after 10-11 pictures in a 24-48 hour period. This P-14 that I picked up at the end of October started skipping backwards a month at a time on the date after a month in the field. Take a few days of pics then jump back a month, repeat and repeat again. I have a picture now dated 7/30/16 with snow on the ground in July! Guess this one will go in the trash too!

Comment

Originally posted by B G View Post
                    Well the pics may be good but I will again say I will not buy another Stealth Cam product. The G30 started killing batteries after 10-11 pictures in a 24-48 hour period. This P-14 that I picked up at the end of October started skipping backwards a month at a time on the date after a month in the field. Take a few days of pics then jump back a month, repeat and repeat again. I have a picture now dated 7/30/16 with snow on the ground in July! Guess this one will go in the trash too!
                    Ultimate wild cameras are the ones I have the best luck with. It's simple to use and takes great pictures and the video quality is great.

Comment

I am interested in a Lease in this area if anyone knows of any openings coming up please pm me thank ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
                        I am interested in a Lease in this area if anyone knows of any openings coming up please pm me thank ya.

looks like you are in Kingwood? Wow, that would be a long drive for you. If I hear of anything, I will post up.

Comment

Originally posted by acearrow View Post
                          looks like you are in Kingwood? Wow, that would be a long drive for you. If I hear of anything, I will post up.

I work all around OK so wouldn't be to bad. But thank you!

Comment

Hey ArrowSlinger, on those feeders at Nolan outdoors, are the barrels welded to the stand or how are they attached? MWW and I may be interested in putting another feeder or 2 out this year.

Comment

Originally posted by B G View Post
                              Hey ArrowSlinger, on those feeders at Nolan outdoors, are the barrels welded to the stand or how are they attached? MWW and I may be interested in putting another feeder or 2 out this year.
                              Message sent

Comment

Thanks slinger.

Anyone use the Eliminator feeder plate on their feeders?

Trying to decide if it will stand up to a bear. For some reason whether it was a late season bear or coons my feeder went through 200 pound of corn in les than a month from Dec into Jan. That should have lasted longer only spinning twice a day for 2 seconds each. Thanks to the cam having an issue with the 32 gig card it didn't take any pics of the culprit.

Comment

Working...
                                X