Texas Sized Hog Trap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
    How big is the pen the gate is attached to?
    Two (2) acres with several areas of good brush and trees.

Comment

Good luck !

Comment

So, what are you going to do when you have 8-10 pigs in the "trap"? How are you going to catch/kill them? Once they see you they are going to try to haul a** and break through your fencing and it will get really wild when the first bullet gets fired. I think the trap will work as far as trapping the pigs, just curious as to how you the rest will go.

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
          So, what are you going to do when you have 8-10 pigs in the "trap"? How are you going to catch/kill them? Once they see you they are going to try to haul a** and break through your fencing and it will get really wild when the first bullet gets fired. I think the trap will work as far as trapping the pigs, just curious as to how you the rest will go.
          Suppressor fire from 2 shooters who excel in well placed shots. Start with the biggest and work down to the smallest.

Comment

I'm already thinking I'm going to add a top strand and low strand hot wire, too, but it will be a little bit before I can get to it. I have the chargers and wire; I just need the time to do it.

Comment

in

Comment

I’m in for some follow up action.

Comment

I wish you only the best in this endeavor.

Comment

they will also destroy your hot wire

Comment

Ok, Debbie Downer. I'm still going to try it.

Comment

Im not trying to be negative here but all I can see in my head is hogs running around like crazy with 200 ft of hot wire tangled around a back leg tearing through the wire fence and pvc enforced gate.. please post pictures of the outcome

Comment

good start, this will be a good one to follow. fun project.

Comment

In for pics

Comment

They will tear that wire up. We had one similar to this, but it was a big trap for cattle that funneled down to our cattle pens. Basically and in closed wing. We had a lot of old tin that we cut in half, long ways, and lined the bottom of the net wire with it. We took rebar and cut it in small pieces and hammered it into the ground to keep the tin pushed against the wire. Once the hogs were in the trap we would drive in and push them into our pipe cattle pens that were lined with hog panel on the bottom. We could then load them through the chute onto a trailer. We've caught groups of 60+ a couple of times.

Your theory is right, but the way it is now you will be fixing fence after your first catch.

Comment

In for the pics, good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X