Rod/reel setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rod/reel setup

What's your favorite set up? About to replace all my gear for bass, needing a good cranking , flipping and swim bait set up. (Rod and reel)

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

You know your about to receive every known rod and reel combo that has ever existed right?

Shimano or Lews usually win the reel count
    Dobyns will more than likely win the rod count

Comment

When it comes to bass fishing Only falcon rods and quantum reels for me. I’m definitely in the minority on both of those.

Are you looking for certain specs for each type of presentation?

Comment

Shimano slx or curado. Rod- duckett, powell, kistler.

Comment

Castaway Nano is a good rod for the money.
          Or Duckett ghost.
          Curado or even a Johnny Morris.

Comment

For flipping I like a super light reel. Used to be the chronarch Mg’s or now the Lews pro team lite.

Lews and shimano are my go tos but quantum makes good feels as well.

Rods I prefer G loomis, dobyns and now Favorite rods.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I'm a Lews and Shimano fan on the reels. Rods are all over the place. I've got all kinds and like most of them. One of my favorites is a $60 cast away I bought like 7 years ago. I HATE the Concept reels. They may do ok for bass fishing, but I've used them saltwater fishing and their life span was 1/5th the Lews I have. My first Lews inshore I got in 2013 with that cheap Cast Away. My favorite trout rig I ever had, and I'm probably going to have to retire both this year after years of abuse wade fishing.

Comment

I like lews and shimano reels but im not to picky. I use my bait casters for mainly catfishing but do bass fish on occasion. Now for rods, my favorites are my St Croix mojo bass rods.

Comment

Daiwa reels- they always get forgotten about because they arent pretty for the kids like 13 fishing bling. Daiwa and shimano then lews. Falcon rods or okuma tcs rods. Lews makes good rods as well. Any rod I buy better have full exposed rod seat. It makes a difference

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

I just bought a new Lews LFS and a Dobyns Fury 7' Med/Hvy Mod-Fast Action to put it on. This is the first time trying a Dobyns rod. My serious bass fishing buddies swear by them. The best rod I've had was a Kistler but it was a lot more than the $120 that the Dobyns cost. In my mind, for the money it's hard to beat the Lews reels.

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                      I'm a Lews and Shimano fan on the reels. Rods are all over the place. I've got all kinds and like most of them. One of my favorites is a $60 cast away I bought like 7 years ago. I HATE the Concept reels. They may do ok for bass fishing, but I've used them saltwater fishing and their life span was 1/5th the Lews I have. My first Lews inshore I got in 2013 with that cheap Cast Away. My favorite trout rig I ever had, and I'm probably going to have to retire both this year after years of abuse wade fishing.
                      I still have a few BB inshores around that are the best reels I’ve owned, hands down. And it’s not close imo.

Comment

I have some Curados on AllStar, Castaway and Faclon rods that are over 20 years old and still get it done.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Comment

Falcon Low-Rider and a Chronarch Mg

Comment

Reel - Lews Custom Inshore Speed Spool

Wrong Pond Rods Custom; Build uses MHx Elite Pro blank - Fuji Titanium SIC guides - CRB reel seat - Prowrap nylon threads - EVA grips - Threadmaster resins and UB40 Rod Bond reel seat epoxy

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                              When it comes to bass fishing Only falcon rods and quantum reels for me. I’m definitely in the minority on both of those.

Are you looking for certain specs for each type of presentation?
                              My favorite reel is a quantum pt I bought 9 years ago

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X