No announcement yet.

How old did you start deer hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 or 5. Used to hold the spotlight for dad......

Jk! 4 or 5 used to go to deer camp, hunt with my dad and uncles but didn't kill my first deer until I was 10-11

Comment

My best friend talked me into hunting a couple of years ago. I never really saw the fun in shooting something from 300yrds away with a high powered rifle. But this whole bow hunting thing sounded interesting so what the heck, might as well try it. Bought my first bow off of the classifieds here from Bobby. Did a whole lot of sitting and watching and learning, near the end of the season I harvested my first deer ever and it was with a bow at about 15yds. Yep, it was fun for sure. Having deer come to within arms reach is still about as cool as it gets.

Comment

8 or 9

Comment

Rifle hunting 12
          Bow hunting 29

Comment

Comment

Hunted all kinds of birds growing up but never had a place to deer hunt, but I went with friends to watch and help. Shot a buck at 24 with one of my football players. 37 finally got access to wife's family land and set up and hunted ever since.

Comment

I was 7 when I started deer hunting. Had my first experience in a duck blind when I was 6.

Comment

Started hunting when I was 5...didn't shoot my first deer until I was 9

Comment

How old did you start deer hunting?

6 weeks old. I'll be 38 this month. [emoji106]

Comment

I was 11 when I killed my first deer. Probably started dove hunting around 6 or 7.

Comment

started sitting in the blind when I was 3 or 4. Killed my first deer at 7. I'm now 48 and going strong..

Comment

Nine.

Comment

A lot of you guys make me jealous with your early starts...

I shot what I thought were 2 doe, but turned out to be a doe and a nubbin buck on a "shoot the first two things you see" hunt on an overpopulated ranch when I was 12. I didn't get another chance to hunt until I was 28 on a similar setup. Now that I'm 30, I'm getting my first start on FIL's land where I get to do my own scouting, my own stands and setups, etc. Really looking forward to learning the way things work.

Comment

33. Shot my first one in 2002.

Before that, I only hunted for duck, rabbit, and squirrel.

All the best,
                              Glenn

Comment

I sat by myself in the stand when I was 10.

Comment

Working...
                                X