Dog food question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dog food question

Alright guys, so in short I recently decided to get a pup for my fiancé and I. We went with a Rhodesian Ridgeback. What foods are you guys feeding your large breed dogs. I want to keep her on a good clean high protein diet. Does anyone feed blue buffalo?

I fed my Catahoula pup blue buffalo for a short time. It really jacked up his stomach. May wanna do a little research on Blue Buffalo, its not as good as it has been made out to be. Im currently feeding Nutro High Endurance, and I don't have any complaints about it.

Comment

I've fed Blue Buffalo, good food. We switched to a Tractor Supply equivalent that is cheaper. It's called "Taste of the Wild." We did so because our Lab has an extreme sensitivity to any type of grains. Blue Buffalo as well as Taste of the Wild cured all her problems.

Comment

Originally posted by JANSLEY817 View Post
        I fed my Catahoula pup blue buffalo for a short time. It really jacked up his stomach. May wanna do a little research on Blue Buffalo, its not as good as it has been made out to be. Im currently feeding Nutro High Endurance, and I don't have any complaints about it.
        Same thing with our dogs. It's a big change to go from something grain based to something protein based. At least that's what our vet told us. He says anytime you switch dog food to do so gradually to minimize the affects in their digestion.

Comment

They've gathered a lot if info here

Comment

Diamond Naturals

Comment

Blue wilderness

Comment

Here she is

Beretta
                Attached Files

Comment

Good looking pup, as said above we have 2 German Sheperds and feed blue buffalo at first but have since switched to Racheal Ray. I know she is the devil but after some research found that blue buffalo isn't so good and my vet said the Rachael Ray is pretty good

Comment

Considered feeding her raw?

Comment

I have raised several pups on Eukanuba.

It is great food, very small stools which equates to highly digestible. Research it, it is an outstanding puppy food.

Comment

I feed Pro Plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                          Considered feeding her raw?
                          Explain please, still learning about all the different options we have.

Comment

I used blue buffalo for a long time and switched to Victor. Just as good if not better and cheaper.

Comment

Taste of the Wild. Bison and Venison.

Almost zero gas. Small poops.

Comment

Working...
                              X