Extreme Bowhunting 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extreme Bowhunting 2014

We just got home from our 2nd trip to Extreme Bowhunting. I am going to save everyone a bunch of trouble and say "this thread is worthless without photos" We had some minor equipment issues and we opted to keep hunting versus trying to track down batteries and a new phone. We arrived late Sunday and spent the evening catching up with Caleb and his dog Champagne. Monday we planned on hunting existing blinds and then seeing where we were in the afternoon.

The weather was less then desirable with highs near 80 that day. It was TOUGH hunting from day one till we left on Thursday at noon. That morning I sat and seen ZERO animals. around 10 am I opted for some hiking. I spotted 2 aoudads at about 150yds and managed a stock to around 40yds. It was a ewe and a very young ram and nothing that I wanted to take. Near noon we met back at the lodge and as it turned out no one had managed a shot, although the other 2 hunters had more productive sets. Kevin who was on a exotics/ram hunt seen several very nice whitetail and 2 big rams, but they did not present a shot as they were covered up by ewes. Dave who did have shots, but had never hunted exotics before let a very nice BB walk (he was not sure if that was an animal he could take) and had a shot at a big 10 whitetail. Over the next several days we seen good animals at nearly every set, but to say they were on edge would be an understatement. Missed a beautiful whitetail buck at 20yds (I don't think it was buck fever as much as a full grown buck stroke"). We did get some spot and stock hunts in with a good effort on a big ram and I made 2 separate trys at a nice white fallow.

In the end we did all score on animals over 4 days we took a total of 10 animals Kevin took a small aoudad ram and a hog. Dave took a VERY nice 9 point and an aoudad ewe along with 2 hogs. I ended up never getting an exotic (I did pass on 4 other aoudads, either young rams ore ewes, but I was looking for one for the wall). I took a "slick 6" whitetail and 3 hogs. One of the hogs was a bad shot and when the dog got to her I was able to finish it with my knife WAY MORE FUN THEN IT SHOULD BE!

I knew going in to this hunt it was gonna be tough, there was a lot of green around and the animals didn't need to come in as well as one would like, but it was a fantastic trip. We were made to feel welcome from the moment we arrived til the minute we left. Caleb let us do our own thing and gave us all the rope we needed to thrive or hang ourselves. As far as I know we will be going back next year for our 3rd annual effort.

If you are looking for a "shoot" this may not be what you are after, but if you want a great hunt and a chance at some awesome animals then check out Extreme Bowhunting.

Once everyone shares the few photos we did take I will get some posted on here

Thanks for the update-we are booked for 16th17th March hog, meat hunt. Me, Son & G-son

Comment

Going jan 1-5

Comment

hoyt21, update when you get back.

Comment

Comment

Still waiting on pics.

Comment

my dad and i are
              heading there Dec. 29-Jan. 1

Comment

Originally posted by Wylde E View Post
                my dad and i are
                heading there Dec. 29-Jan. 1

What r u all hunting ? Will update when we are there

Comment

Everything we can... exotics and whitetail.

Comment

[/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

I am still trying to get the rest of our photos, but here are a few. It was a great hunt

Comment

Excellent. Congrats guys.

Comment

Did you guys see/have chances on any other exotics besides auodad? If so, how big were they?

Comment

Working...
                              X