Most amazing Amazon Mission trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most amazing Amazon Mission trip

Fellow hunters I just must share with you the most amazing mission trip I have ever been on. 9 days in the jungles of the Amazon. We visited 5 villages that had never been visited by Americans. This post would go on for miles if I tried to tell you all that went on, but the I am going to try and link to a video that show what it was like. I had the opportunity to lead the Men’s ministry, and I know of no better way to make friends then to start talking about hunting and fishing. That’s their life. There’s no air conditioning, no ice, no medical, etc, etc. It’s truly living in the jungle along the amazon river where you do not name your children until after they are two years old, because of the likely hood they will die from water born diseases. I.e one reason we took sawyer water filters that last 20 years for them. The bucket ministry is completely amazing. Anyway, the hunting and fishing stories went on for hours, and range from fighting a Jaguar my hand to wrestling snakes and caimans along the river. One night, they took me on a caiman hunt, where I help wrestle a 5-footer. You have not experienced life until you have been on and IN the Amazon river at night with nothing but a little head lamp and a pocket knife.
    They are the most incredible people, and I am going back this November for peacock bass and to also visit at least one village that needs clean drinking water. God is Good!
    Animoto makes video creation easy! Animoto's video maker turns your photos and video clips into professional videos in minutes. Fast and shockingly simple!

Ohhh, you are living the dream.

Comment

No that's The Great Commission in action right there. BEAUTIFUL!!!

Comment

adding a pic to test

Let me test a pic or two. It's been awhile since I had access to TBH from work.
        Attached Files

Comment

Purely Awesome. More pics please!

Comment

I love this thread,awesome

Comment

Thanks for sharing! PM inbound.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh please share more... please

Comment

That as cool as a free bucket of beer!

Comment

Yes I found a little time to fish. This is at the end of the rainy season, and the water is actual to high to fish. The fish are way back up in the jungle. The villagers do very little fishing this time of the year, as you just can not get far enough back in to the jungle, or if you did, you probably would not make it out.
                    One man came to use with a 3 year old snake bit. He needs his leg amputated, but that's not something we are prepared to do. He said he bleed from his eyes, and ears after being bite. It's truly amazing he is still alive.
                    Oh the stories I can tell.
                    Attached Files

Comment

AMAZING pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Wow, that is the best kind of stuff there is right there.

Comment

We just got back from El Salvador last week. We had running water, but none you’d want to drink. We were not as primitive as y’all were!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What an amazing experience . Thanks for sharing it with us.

Comment

Love it !!! Sharing the love of Christ.

Comment

Working...
                              X