Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Game Management/Age & Score/Trailcam Pics
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2017, 02:47 PM   #1
webb09
Eight Point
 
webb09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: New Braunfels
Hunt In: Webb County
Default Webb cty surprise

Nice surprise for my first card pull.
Attached Images
 
webb09 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-09-2017, 02:50 PM   #2
cphillips
Eight Point
 
cphillips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Arp,Tx
Hunt In: East Texas - Smith & Marion County
Default

Yeah I'd say so

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
cphillips is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-09-2017, 02:51 PM   #3
Trailerman3
Ten Point
 
Trailerman3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Gibtown
Hunt In: Mason,Gibtown,Rocksprings
Default

WOW yep for sure!!
Trailerman3 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-09-2017, 02:51 PM   #4
TXBowhunter11
Ten Point
 
TXBowhunter11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Wichita Falls Tx
Hunt In: Seymour, Wichita Falls, Megargel
Default

That's a heck of a good surprise!
TXBowhunter11 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-09-2017, 02:52 PM   #5
wlee15
Four Point
 
wlee15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Rocksprings
Default

**** son! nice!
wlee15 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-09-2017, 02:52 PM   #6
Jzoch
Ten Point
 
Jzoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bastrop, TX/ New Braunfels,TX
Hunt In: Coke County/ Water Valley,TX
Default

That's a heck of a surprise!! Is that the only picture you got of him so far?
Jzoch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-09-2017, 03:00 PM   #7
Kenner97
Eight Point
 
Kenner97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Hunt In: Atascosa, Wilson, Karnes County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by webb09 View Post
Nice surprise for my first card pull.
Where you hunting in Webb County?
Kenner97 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-09-2017, 03:02 PM   #8
Tomkat70
Ten Point
 
Tomkat70's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Beeville
Hunt In: Mason ,Brady,Menard
Default

Very nice
Tomkat70 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-09-2017, 03:04 PM   #9
Buckslayertx
Four Point
 
Buckslayertx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Denton, TX
Hunt In: Grayson Co.
Default That's why I click refresh!

I'd call him Gomer!!!!
Attached Images
 
Buckslayertx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-09-2017, 03:05 PM   #10
Bone Thug
Pope & Young
 
Bone Thug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Angelo, TX
Hunt In: Irion County
Default

Awesome surprise. That is a very cool buck. I like it....
Bone Thug is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-09-2017, 03:32 PM   #11
ostey22
Ten Point
 
ostey22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: The coast.
Hunt In: 4 counties in Texas
Default

Heck yeah! Good luck chasing him.
ostey22 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-09-2017, 03:33 PM   #12
JLivi1224
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Hunt In: Polk County
Default

And he's trashy! Like him!
JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-09-2017, 03:46 PM   #13
Apretz
Four Point
 
Apretz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Hunt In: Howard County, TX; Atoka County, OK
Default

Stud, looks like he has a lot of growing left too
Apretz is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-09-2017, 04:25 PM   #14
dws178
Four Point
 
dws178's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dallas
Hunt In: Frio County
Default

Great lookin old brute!
dws178 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-09-2017, 04:26 PM   #15
Mike Fangman
Ten Point
 
Mike Fangman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Hunt In: Ranger & Granbury
Default

wow, great buck.
Mike Fangman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-09-2017, 04:27 PM   #16
jjaimes
Ten Point
 
jjaimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Beaumont,TX
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

nice buck good luck on getting him this season!
jjaimes is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-09-2017, 08:04 PM   #17
texashunter56
Ten Point
 
texashunter56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: South Texas
Hunt In: All over Texas in Goliad, Live Oak, La Salle, Pecos to Kansas to Alberta and beyond
Default

Bet that buck made you sit up in your chair when you got to that pic. Great looking buck
Attached Images
 
texashunter56 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-09-2017, 08:06 PM   #18
WBT
Six Point
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Dallas
Hunt In: Stephenville
Default

That's a dang nice surprise
WBT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-09-2017, 08:06 PM   #19
buckerup
Six Point
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Cypress Tx
Hunt In: Gouldbusk, Texas. Coleman County
Default

That'll work!
buckerup is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-09-2017, 09:57 PM   #20
BolilloLoco
Ten Point
 
BolilloLoco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cypress
Hunt In: Old Mexico, Washington County & Harris County
Default

Cool buck.
You gonna kill?
BolilloLoco is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-09-2017, 10:28 PM   #21
bphillips
Pope & Young
 
bphillips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: San Angelo, Tx
Hunt In: Schleicher, Tom Green Co.
Default

Heck of a surprise
bphillips is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2017, 03:24 PM   #22
lab man
Ten Point
 
lab man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: North Texas
Hunt In: Callahan
Default

Nice. He has some character.
lab man is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2017, 11:26 PM   #23
SouthernCamo
Four Point
 
SouthernCamo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: College Station, TX
Hunt In: Brazos/Falls/Robertson/Webb
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by webb09 View Post
Nice surprise for my first card pull.


Oh man I don't know if I should laugh or cry, pm me please.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
SouthernCamo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2017, 11:29 PM   #24
jbowman612
Six Point
 
jbowman612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Aubrey, TX
Hunt In: Aubrey, TX & Public Land in TX/NE
Default

Nice
jbowman612 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2017, 12:17 AM   #25
Pullersboy
Pope & Young
 
Pullersboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Weatherford
Hunt In: Erath & Hamilton Counties.
Default

Heck yeah! Heck of a surprise.
Pullersboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2017, 01:02 AM   #26
yazoomon
Four Point
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Leland, Ms.
Hunt In: Ms.
Default

Very nice. Any idea how old he might be?
yazoomon is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2017, 04:17 AM   #27
SEA PRO 210
Spike
 
SEA PRO 210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Magnolia
Hunt In: Grimes, Leon, and Webb
Default

Stud!
SEA PRO 210 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2017, 06:59 AM   #28
SouthernCamo
Four Point
 
SouthernCamo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: College Station, TX
Hunt In: Brazos/Falls/Robertson/Webb
Default

Low fence hunting will keep you humble, it does me anyway. I post this comment absolutely without any claim of ownership, but I do have several years history with that deer. The deer is a good ways from his home range but they do like to take a few field trips in the summer. Walked him last year at 6.5 yo, had him rough scored in the 190s, I was confident that other members in my immediate and adjacent pasture wouldn't shoot him if I put him on the no shoot list and sure enough he lived. Hadn't pulled my cards in a month and wasn't sure if Webb09 was two pastures away but sure enough he is. Here are a couple pics from last year


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
SouthernCamo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2017, 07:03 AM   #29
deerwatcher51
Ten Point
 
deerwatcher51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Brenham & Richland Springs
Hunt In: Richland Springs & Washington on the Brazos
Default

It takes real courage to let a deer like that walk. Good luck to you this year.
deerwatcher51 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2017, 07:14 AM   #30
SouthernCamo
Four Point
 
SouthernCamo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: College Station, TX
Hunt In: Brazos/Falls/Robertson/Webb
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
It takes real courage to let a deer like that walk. Good luck to you this year.


Once you see how much bigger deer can get going from 6.5 to 7.5 or even 7.5 to 8.5 the gamble becomes easier. Obviously I have great trust with my lease members and even the hunters adjacent to our pasture. I can also say that if someone like Webb09 ends up killing that deer then I can know it went to a guy that contributes on the same level.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
SouthernCamo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2017, 08:58 AM   #31
Jamesl
Ten Point
 
Jamesl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: League City
Hunt In: Texas, Colorado, New Mexico
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCamo View Post
Once you see how much bigger deer can get going from 6.5 to 7.5 or even 7.5 to 8.5 the gamble becomes easier. Obviously I have great trust with my lease members and even the hunters adjacent to our pasture. I can also say that if someone like Webb09 ends up killing that deer then I can know it went to a guy that contributes on the same level.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That is the right way to look at it. Well said.
Jamesl is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2017, 09:01 AM   #32
8pointer
Pope & Young
 
8pointer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Hunt In: Schleicher county
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCamo View Post
Low fence hunting will keep you humble, it does me anyway. I post this comment absolutely without any claim of ownership, but I do have several years history with that deer. The deer is a good ways from his home range but they do like to take a few field trips in the summer. Walked him last year at 6.5 yo, had him rough scored in the 190s, I was confident that other members in my immediate and adjacent pasture wouldn't shoot him if I put him on the no shoot list and sure enough he lived. Hadn't pulled my cards in a month and wasn't sure if Webb09 was two pastures away but sure enough he is. Here are a couple pics from last year


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Wow! That's pretty cool!
8pointer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2017, 09:25 AM   #33
webb09
Eight Point
 
webb09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: New Braunfels
Hunt In: Webb County
Default

Well said Southern Camo. My last trophy was my avatar killed in 2012.
webb09 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2017, 02:47 PM   #34
walker1983
Ten Point
 
walker1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Fort Worth
Hunt In: Shackelford Co, Parker Co, Mexico
Default

great deer. I hope you arrow him in October before he breaks all that trash up. At 7 he's spread his toadness around enough
walker1983 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2017, 03:30 PM   #35
Tshelly
Ten Point
 
Tshelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Willis
Hunt In: Walker, Montgomery, Trinity, & Lee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCamo View Post
Low fence hunting will keep you humble, it does me anyway. I post this comment absolutely without any claim of ownership, but I do have several years history with that deer. The deer is a good ways from his home range but they do like to take a few field trips in the summer. Walked him last year at 6.5 yo, had him rough scored in the 190s, I was confident that other members in my immediate and adjacent pasture wouldn't shoot him if I put him on the no shoot list and sure enough he lived. Hadn't pulled my cards in a month and wasn't sure if Webb09 was two pastures away but sure enough he is. Here are a couple pics from last year


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's awesome. I share your pain as I've shared a few big bucks like that. I hope someone that deserves him gets him. Pretty impressive to walk him last year, I sure hope it pays off for you


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tshelly is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2017, 04:27 PM   #36
SouthernCamo
Four Point
 
SouthernCamo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: College Station, TX
Hunt In: Brazos/Falls/Robertson/Webb
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tshelly View Post
That's awesome. I share your pain as I've shared a few big bucks like that. I hope someone that deserves him gets him. Pretty impressive to walk him last year, I sure hope it pays off for you


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I won't pretend to not care who shoots the deer, or if he will score more than last year that is natural. That said there is tremendous satisfaction in knowing that I didn't act out of fear last year and kill him before he had a chance to reach his potential. In essence the fact that it survived the season and is in the equation this year I can tell you the decision has paid off for me already and no matter who kills the deer I would do the same again. I haven't always been that way but that is where I am at as a hunter. I am a little different in that I am absolutely a trophy hunter but that deer doesn't have to score more this year than he did last year for me to be thrilled to take him as a trophy, he has been a trophy in my mind for three years, regardless of score, he is only now going to be at an age that I can take pride in hunting him.
SouthernCamo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2017, 10:56 PM   #37
Hunt24/7Hard
Six Point
 
Hunt24/7Hard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Hunt In: Texas/Mexico/Kansas
Default

I guess as the DD guys say, I guess it's who feeds the DD 365 this year.

Good luck fellas, fantastic deer! Cudos to you passing that deer at 6.5. A year goes a long ways


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hunt24/7Hard is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2017, 11:45 PM   #38
Tshelly
Ten Point
 
Tshelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Willis
Hunt In: Walker, Montgomery, Trinity, & Lee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCamo View Post
I won't pretend to not care who shoots the deer, or if he will score more than last year that is natural. That said there is tremendous satisfaction in knowing that I didn't act out of fear last year and kill him before he had a chance to reach his potential. In essence the fact that it survived the season and is in the equation this year I can tell you the decision has paid off for me already and no matter who kills the deer I would do the same again. I haven't always been that way but that is where I am at as a hunter. I am a little different in that I am absolutely a trophy hunter but that deer doesn't have to score more this year than he did last year for me to be thrilled to take him as a trophy, he has been a trophy in my mind for three years, regardless of score, he is only now going to be at an age that I can take pride in hunting him.


Pretty cool that you are cool with it. I've been in your shoes and another guy killed a 184" I had been hunting and passed multiple times the year before. You are in a good place and regardless if you kill this deer or not you will get the trophy you are after. Good luck in finishing the deal if it the opportunity presents itself.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tshelly is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2017, 11:59 PM   #39
Biggs
Pope & Young
 
Biggs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Williston, ND
Hunt In: North Dakota
Default

Cool story


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Biggs is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-12-2017, 12:14 AM   #40
RMW
Ten Point
 
RMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Burr
Hunt In: Down South
Default

Curious on how far he has traveled from home range?
RMW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-12-2017, 05:17 PM   #41
SouthernCamo
Four Point
 
SouthernCamo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: College Station, TX
Hunt In: Brazos/Falls/Robertson/Webb
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMW View Post
Curious on how far he has traveled from home range?


Nothing crazy just a couple miles but what is worth noting is that he did this more or less at random. He certainly could have done it in years past and just not been on camera, reinforces why we live love fence hunting, you absolutely never know.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
SouthernCamo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-01-2017, 12:49 PM   #42
SouthernCamo
Four Point
 
SouthernCamo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: College Station, TX
Hunt In: Brazos/Falls/Robertson/Webb
Default

I got him yesterday evening with a rifle, we are MLD 3, regardless the gamble paid off, he is north of 200". Will post pics later this evening.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Tshelly View Post
Pretty cool that you are cool with it. I've been in your shoes and another guy killed a 184" I had been hunting and passed multiple times the year before. You are in a good place and regardless if you kill this deer or not you will get the trophy you are after. Good luck in finishing the deal if it the opportunity presents itself.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SouthernCamo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-01-2017, 12:52 PM   #43
Fmjag64
Eight Point
 
Fmjag64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: N. Texas
Hunt In: Grayson Co. Montague Co.
Default

Awesome Deer!
Fmjag64 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-01-2017, 12:54 PM   #44
Antlers86
Associate Sponsor
 
Antlers86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Athens
Hunt In: Jack/Coleman/Henderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCamo View Post
I got him yesterday evening with a rifle, we are MLD 3, regardless the gamble paid off, he is north of 200". Will post pics later this evening.
Congrats
Antlers86 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-01-2017, 12:55 PM   #45
texashunter56
Ten Point
 
texashunter56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: South Texas
Hunt In: All over Texas in Goliad, Live Oak, La Salle, Pecos to Kansas to Alberta and beyond
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlers86 View Post
Congrats
x2
texashunter56 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-01-2017, 12:58 PM   #46
SouthernCamo
Four Point
 
SouthernCamo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: College Station, TX
Hunt In: Brazos/Falls/Robertson/Webb
Default Webb cty surprise



I am by myself so the daylight pics forthcoming but as not to be that guy here is a field shot for the meantime


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
SouthernCamo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-01-2017, 12:58 PM   #47
tmurray
Ten Point
 
tmurray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cypress, TX
Hunt In: Victoria
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCamo View Post
I got him yesterday evening with a rifle, we are MLD 3, regardless the gamble paid off, he is north of 200". Will post pics later this evening.
Congrats! Glad one of you was able to close the deal!
tmurray is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-01-2017, 01:01 PM   #48
CoolArrow
Ten Point
 
CoolArrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Juan, TX
Hunt In: Starr county
Default

Great story. Congrats on the trophy
CoolArrow is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-01-2017, 01:03 PM   #49
Jzoch
Ten Point
 
Jzoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bastrop, TX/ New Braunfels,TX
Hunt In: Coke County/ Water Valley,TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCamo View Post


I am by myself so the daylight pics forthcoming but as not to be that guy here is a field shot for the meantime


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Man that is a stud!! Congrats!!
Jzoch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-01-2017, 01:05 PM   #50
Lawhunter
Six Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Default

Nice
Lawhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com