Grilling thermometers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grilling thermometers

I need a new one. Its between the thermopro tp 20 or maverick et 733. My last thermopro suddenly stopped giving accurate readings. It was also horrible on battery life. It was the tp 08 though. Had a maverick before that and it lasted until the battery connectors rusted out from being outside all the time.

I use the Thermo Pro remote, great units.

Comment

I wanted a commercial Thermapen - probably the best - but I could not justify spending over $100. Based on reviews I went with this one

I have only used it a few times but so far it seems like a quality product for the $

Comment

I got a thermapro for Christmas 2017. Still going strong with the 2017 batteries.

Comment

I’m looking at one of these Meater probes. 1 probe for both the meat and ambient cooking temp, rated to 575 degrees and can be used with Bluetooth, connected to WiFi and even to a cloud service for monitoring wherever you may be.

Had to run pick up some furniture last weekend for my wife and the temp of my Kamado decided to soar after holding at 220-230 for 7 hours. Would have been nice to be able to check it in the hour plus errand run.

Comment

I use this one. It’s a good unit.

Can keep track of the internal temp of the meat anywhere I happen to be in the house or yard.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
              I’m looking at one of these Meater probes. 1 probe for both the meat and ambient cooking temp, rated to 575 degrees and can be used with Bluetooth, connected to WiFi and even to a cloud service for monitoring wherever you may be.

Had to run pick up some furniture last weekend for my wife and the temp of my Kamado decided to soar after holding at 220-230 for 7 hours. Would have been nice to be able to check it in the hour plus errand run.

That looks pretty cool, but I don't always put a thermometer into theway I'm cooking.

Comment

Maverick 733 works well for me

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
                  That looks pretty cool, but I don't always put a thermometer into theway I'm cooking.
                  For $65-70 it seems worth trying.

Comment

Maverick. Just be careful with the probes and don’t do high heat (600 + or submerse them in water

Comment

Maverick 733 for me

Comment

I use an iGrill mini. Just changed the battery 2 weeks ago - after quite a bit of use. Bluetooth app on my i phone works great.

Comment

I prefer the Maverick Et-732 over the 733 and I have both. Brighter screen and more straight forward. The 732 has none of the bells and whistles I never use cluttering up the screen and programming is not a PITA. I'm on year 5 with my 732 and 3 with my 733. I use the 733 only when I have multiple meats and my 732 needs some assistance.....

Comment

I have the Thermopen MK4 and it works great and reads almost instantly. a little pricey though at $100.

Comment

Originally posted by BigCohiba View Post
                              I use an iGrill mini. Just changed the battery 2 weeks ago - after quite a bit of use. Bluetooth app on my i phone works great.
                              Yup. Love the alarm

Comment

Working...
                              X