40k Lease Budget... Help me out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

40k Lease Budget... Help me out!

My Brother is looking for a new lease and has about a 40k budget. Before I get hit with why doesn't he buy a place, I'll say that isn't an option form the start. Looking for a turnkey deal and open to pretty much anywhere in Texas. Ideally he would like to take over an entire place and call the shots on what deer are taken. Tired of Squirrely ranch managers and landowners. Long term preferred. Anyone know of a place that meets these criteria please send me a PM.
    Last edited by SEA PRO 210; 01-04-2018, 12:46 AM.

How far you wanna go?

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
      How far you wanna go?
      We are from Houston and would prefer something within 5-6 hours. Not a deal breaker for the right place. Turnkey is a must as we don't have time to keep feeders going year round.

Comment

I’ve got 40ac in Hallsville. I’ll keep the feeders full and you can sleep in my house for $40k. Heck, I might even throw in the ol’lady.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

how many hunters? bow only ?

Comment

[QUOTE=RLB;13071348]how many hunters? bow only ?[/QUOT

No set number of hunters. He is looking for the lease for himself, his wife, and our dad. Me and anyone else are only guests when he invites us. He doesn't need to shoot 30+ deer a year. Just a few good bucks and some does/hogs for guests.
            Bird hunting options (Duck/Quail) would be a plus too. He is a strict bow hunter as well as I am, but kids and Dad shoot rifles. Just looking for a family friendly place he can have to himself and not have to deal with other lease members or managers who don't know what they are doing.
            If it's a MLD III place with a management plan in place, that would be fine also.

Comment

Comment

Only hunt it himself and a few guests he brings. Had a place before where Landowner maintained feeders year round as part of the lease agreement. Will not be sub-leased!!

Comment

Look around south Texas or use texas ranch land network. Some of the guys that work there should be able to find you what you want. Hell of a budget, if y'all need a plus one give me a call! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

PM sent

Comment

[quote=SEA PRO 210;13071352]
                      Originally posted by RLB View Post
                      how many hunters? bow only ?[/QUOT

No set number of hunters. He is looking for the lease for himself, his wife, and our dad. Me and anyone else are only guests when he invites us. He doesn't need to shoot 30+ deer a year. Just a few good bucks and some does/hogs for guests.
                      Bird hunting options (Duck/Quail) would be a plus too. He is a strict bow hunter as well as I am, but kids and Dad shoot rifles. Just looking for a family friendly place he can have to himself and not have to deal with other lease members or managers who don't know what they are doing.
                      If it's a MLD III place with a management plan in place, that would be fine also.
                      I like his style. Pay up to get rid of all the lease drama.

Comment

That's the way to do it if you can.

Comment

Use it for a down payment and buy his own land

Comment

Is he looking to adopt?

Comment

Originally posted by NBK75 View Post
                              Use it for a down payment and buy his own land
                              second sentence

Comment

Working...