Twister Nock???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twister Nock???

I'm sure it's been discussed here but a quick search turned up nothing.

What are the chances they meet their claims? Anyone here swear by them?

ATA show 2016 best product
    BOBTY官网成立于1988年,是国内金属加工领域的龙头和领先的高端制造配套服务企业,具备材料加工、零部件制作和成品制造、专业技术服务等全流程产业链。DMSSC-BOBTY官网官网-BOBTY官网国际-材料加工-制造配套-不锈钢-碳钢-镍基合金-特殊钢-裁剪-切割-研磨-成型-坡口-焊接-热处理-机加工-喷涂-总装-江苏BOBTY官网-无锡BOBTY官网-天津BOBTY官网-上海BOBTY官网-杭州BOBTY官网-浙江BOBTY官网-太原BOBTY官网-山东BOBTY官网-淄博BOBTY官网-泰安BOBTY官网-嘉兴BOBTY官网-湖北BOBTY官网-BOBTY官网重工-BOBTY官网科技-靖江BOBTY官网-BOBTY官网总部

Watch the highspeed video of the arrow leaving the bow and it obviously makes the arrow fly like it has a much stiffer spine.
    I think this has merit.

Comment

Interesting.

Comment

Doesn't helical fletching cause the same reaction?

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILFR_cmclS4"]Twister Nock - YouTube[/ame]

The arrow twists then stops. Not sure I see the benefits.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
            Twister Nock - YouTube

It's a good idea, but it obviously doesn't accomplish anything if the arrow stops after the initial twist.

Comment

I'm a sucker for new widgets... I'd try 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                Twister Nock - YouTube

Rest isn't timed correct. Fletching hits the rest on departure.

Comment

Originally posted by AddisonOil View Post
                  The arrow stops twisting before it ever reaches the rest.

Based on this video, they are a gimmick.

I think you would have a better chance of achieving your goal with the Turbo Nock. It actually starts the arrow spinning as soon as it leaves the string.

Comment

there's so much bouncing around there, who can tell?

Comment

It quit spinning way before getting anywhere near the rest. Looks like it was done after about 6 inches.

Comment

Originally posted by AddisonOil View Post
                        Yeah, the arm bounces back up and contacts the nock vane, possibly negating any improvement in arrow flight. Although, I'm not sure there is any improvement, you certainly should have a setup that compliments your " test ", instead of hinders it.

Comment

The way I understand it, because the arrow is twisting as the initial force is being applied the spine flexing is diminished. It's not like the effect of rifling on a bullet. It just keeps the arrow spine straight while it's under the greatest force and doesn't require air resistance to stabilize it in flight nearly as much.

Comment

check out spinnock.com, same concept except the arrow continues to spin, pretty interesting

Comment

Whats actually happening is the nock is still on the string when it stops as mentioned above. The rest doesn't touch the fletching at all.

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                              Yeah, the arm bounces back up and contacts the nock vane, possibly negating any improvement in arrow flight. Although, I'm not sure there is any improvement, you certainly should have a setup that compliments your " test ", instead of hinders it.

Comment

Working...
                              X