Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Falken all-terrain tires - any experience to share?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Falken all-terrain tires - any experience to share?

I need some new tires. I have a two wheel drive but do go off pavement quite a bit.

My last set were Yokohamas, and they have served me pretty well. The ones I have now are no longer made.

The shop I am using is suggesting Falken ATW3, 265/70/17.

Anyone ever gone with this brand? How was your experience?

From what I’ve seen and read, they are a good tire. They aren’t a Toyo, but the price doesn’t reflect that either. I wouldn’t be afraid to purchase them if they were within my budget.

Comment

They suck!!!!!

Tread only lasted about 20k miles. Discount Tire pro rated mine for a different brand.

Comment

I've heard people say they weren't putting them Faulken tires on their truck again. Or something like that.

Comment

I have some now with about 10k miles on them and have not had any issues. They are quiet on the highway and are fine in the mid. They are wearing good too.

Comment

Discount recommended them when I was replacing a set of 4 slashed tires and they served me well for the 20,000k miles I put on them before my trucks transmission blew.

Sold it to the mechanic since the value to fix it was equal to the value of the truck. He fixed it up himself and is driving it and last month I saw him and he still had the same tires on it 2.5 years later

Comment

I'm looking at $708, all settled and out the door. Seemed alright to me. Are there some other recommendations for a sub $1000 known-quality brand.

Comment

And, thanks for the input.

Comment

50k miles on a Tahoe. No issues. Good value tire.

Comment

I was not a fan of mine on my 2500, but I could see them being a good light duty truck/suv tire.

Comment

I've got them on an f350 about 22K miles in and no issues whatsoever. Still say they have almost half the tread left on them. I would buy them again.

Comment

Mine are on a Yukon

Comment

I have a set right now on my Tundra. I have close to 50,000 on them (1st 28,000 never roatated them) i have been extremely pleased with them and would not hesitate to buy again.
                          Mine are 275 70 18's.....ill go take a pic so you can see the amount of tread left after near 50,000 miles....stand by

Not much tread left but after 50,000.....and near 30,000 without rotating, not bad Id say
                          Smooty quiet ride for an AT as well

It wont let me add the treadwear pic for some reason????!!!!

Last edited by K. Lane; 10-15-2018, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Had em on a taco for about 2 yrs before I sold it. No issues. I wouldnt be scared of them for the price.

Comment

I had some on my Jeep Cherokee and they were awesome tires. Would highly recommend for the price.

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X