No announcement yet.

2018 Bosque / McLennan County Yearly Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like a north wind on Wednesday afternoon, will be my first opportunity to sit in my favorite tree on the river.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Notaguide View Post
      Corn is piling up still under feeders with little activity. Surprised to have two sow's with belly's dragging the ground come in Friday evening. Was able to take them both out and found one that evening and the other with buzzards Saturday.

Nice FJ40!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Made a sit yesterday afternoon on my river grounds over looking a large Johnson grass patch. Always liked this sit, reminds me of hunting CRP fields in the mid-west.

Saw 7 deer total (does and fawns). Did not get to check rain gauge but it was extremely muddy.

Will be back at it after work. Will be sitting in my favorite tree on the river.

Rwc

Comment

Great evening to be in a tree, saw lots of animals this evening. Great afternoon.

Rwc

Comment

Good to hear things are starting to move up there. I will back in Waco for a hunt with my pops and bro in a few weeks. The first weekend in China Spings was brutal!

Comment

Originally posted by Thorcules View Post
              Good to hear things are starting to move up there. I will back in Waco for a hunt with my pops and bro in a few weeks. The first weekend in China Spings was brutal!
              Yes sir, add acorns, lush green browse, bumper crop of biting nats and mosquitos and you have the perfect recipe for "brutal". ha

Attached are a few photos from yesterday evening. Lots of young bucks rubbing low hanging limbs, scraping the ground and sparing. The four does I saw never had a chance to get shot. Those 1.5 year olds kept easing towards them and kept the does on edge. Sorry for the photo quality, was lazy and just took them with my video recorder.

Enjoy and best of luck to all.

Rwc
              Attached Files

Comment

Well lets just say it will be awhile before I can get back in my river grounds.....River out its banks in areas and lots of rain still falling.

Lake Waco came up approximately 3.5 feet in the last day or so.

Be safe out there and best of luck to all.

Rwc

Comment

Well I was able to get it done yesterday evening ! Not sure what he'll score but he's my biggest .Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3682.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	24556653

Comment

Originally posted by mexico70 View Post
                    Well I was able to get it done yesterday evening ! Not sure what he'll score but he's my biggest .[ATTACH]929681[/ATTACH]

thats a good one. bosque or mclennan?

Comment

Well I was able to get it done yesterday evening ! Not sure what he'll score but he's my biggest .[ATTACH]929681[/ATTACH]

Daaaayyuuuuuuuuum!!! Congrats

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

Originally posted by bullhead44 View Post
                        thats a good one. bosque or mclennan?

Western McLennan

Comment

A bosque county younger.

Another one.
                          What would y’all age this one under feeder. He is big bodied. I’m thinking 5.5......?

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

Western McLennan

very nice deer for that area. Ive got at place between crawford and valley mills.

Comment

Nice buck Mexico70!

RWC, hope yall's place is OK. Been watching the flow rates.

Comment

Great deer, Congrats.

Going to try and wade into my grounds this afternoon maybe. Going to take hip waders, or shorts and bare feet then change once in.

We did not loose any structures, but river was up to 2015 levels easy.

Praying a did not loose a feeder or two.

Rwc

Comment

Working...
                                X