No announcement yet.

Priests on the loose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I go to Catholic mass twice a week, I don’t call them “father” and I reject their handshake and hugs based on my statistical analysis. I also go to a predominantly black Baptist Church, Baptist Church, and Cowboy Church at least once a week and Wednesday night.

Comment

I grew up Catholic and baptized my kids Catholic, but things like this are part of the reason we switched.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
        Did Jesus give them the authority to stick their peckers in little boys and girls? That’s rhetorical, I’m fairly certain we are all clear on that. The point is how valid is the “forgiveness” of my sin if the Priest who is “given that authority” is kid diddling pedophile? That isn’t rhetorical, I really want an explanation of that concept! I no longer need a priest to atone for my sin (Leviticus), Jesus was the atonement for that sin.

Jesus cut out the middle man, the Catholics tried to shove him back in (feel free to interpret that as you see fit.)

1 Peter 3:12
        because the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous
        and His ears are open to their request.
        But the face of the Lord is against
        those who do what is evil.

Jesus didn't cut out the middle man and the Catholics didn't shove him back in. In fact, Christ knew he wouldn't be with the church visibly and physically so he delegated this power onto the apostles so it could be passed on to their successors, the bishops so that the Church would be able to offer forgiveness to future generations.

John 20:21-22: Jesus said to them again, "Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I send you." And when he has said this, he breathed on them and said to them, "Receive the holy Spirit. Whose sins you forgive are forgiven them, and whose sins you retain are retained." (feel free to interpret that as you see fit)

I can go and defend Catholicism all day, but I am in no way defending the priests who committed these terrible acts. Like I said before, everyone involved should be burned at the stake.

Comment

I am not as nearly as familiar with Buddhism as I am Catholicism, but I want to say that monks are celibate and you dont have the rape issue with them.

I do think religion is a part in a sense. Kids that age are very impressionable. When I was in school there would be girls (and boys) that wouldnt have conventional sex, because they wanted to stay a virgin. So they would engage in acts that were probably more adventurous, but still claim to be a virgin.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
            I am not as nearly as familiar with Buddhism as I am Catholicism, but I want to say that monks are celibate and you dont have the rape issue with them.

I do think religion is a part in a sense. Kids that age are very impressionable. When I was in school there would be girls (and boys) that wouldnt have conventional sex, because they wanted to stay a virgin. So they would engage in acts that were probably more adventurous, but still claim to be a virgin.
            The difference I would say with the Buddhism and Catholicism would be the isolation and societal involvement.

Comment

When I was in school there would be girls (and boys) that wouldnt have conventional sex, because they wanted to stay a virgin. So they would engage in acts that were probably more adventurous, but still claim to be a virgin.
              My cousin dated a Catholic girl in his early 20's (even converted for her). She had the same outlook on getting Biblical.

Comment

Old monks are isolated with younger monks. I would argue the isolation would make it easier. I would also argue that the regions where Buddhism is prominent, are more acceptable of homos.

Comment

Old monks are isolated with younger monks. I would argue the isolation would make it easier. I would also argue that the regions where Buddhism is prominent, are more acceptable of homos.
                  Which you could argue there very well could be a sex abuse problem with Buddhist monks. Given the cultural differences and culture of isolation, it makes it more unlikely the world would know about it.

Comment

That's part of what I mean - outside of society, and dont have the involvement.

Comment

Don’t get too hung up on this. Back off for just a minute with a piece of postor paper and a pencil and you’ll see the big picture clearly.

Regardless of everything like religion, lgbtq, BLM, Abortion, liberals, right wing nuts, islam, chinese, russians, fake media, hollywood, rappers, music industry, lady gaga, and mucho other things...

Its a multiforce assault on Christianity.
                      Last edited by Johnny44; 08-17-2018, 10:32 AM.

Comment

The Vatican put out a news article yesterday saying the they are in “shame and sorrow” and they are having a mass for forgivness today.
                        They also say that the statutes of limitations is up on all those casses, tuff luck.

People are mad about this and it is always 25 years ago when we find out about it. And when someone comes forward within the statutes of limitations they are brushed under the rug. They say they are changing the way they do business and they talk a lot about it but they do not do one thing to help the victims or the families. The church does everything in their power to break up the family. And who will ever know because the church would rather talk about this and say they are changing things and they are sorry about what happened after the statutes of limitations is up.

People need to look into it as it is happening and hold people accountable.
                        My family and I know first hand and no one wants to do anything about it. The priest is already in prison and the church is still fighting this.
                        Like I said who would know but us.

Comment

Originally posted by JWHunt View Post
                          The Vatican put out a news article yesterday saying the they are in “shame and sorrow” and they are having a mass for forgivness today.
                          They also say that the statutes of limitations is up on all those casses, tuff luck.

People are mad about this and it is always 25 years ago when we find out about it. And when someone comes forward within the statutes of limitations they are brushed under the rug. They say they are changing the way they do business and they talk a lot about it but they do not do one thing to help the victims or the families. The church does everything in their power to break up the family. And who will ever know because the church would rather talk about this and say they are changing things and they are sorry about what happened after the statutes of limitations is up.

People need to look into it as it is happening and hold people accountable.
                          My family and I know first hand and no one wants to do anything about it. The priest is already in prison and the church is still fighting this.
                          Like I said who would know but us.

The Church is fighting to get the Priest out of prison?

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                            The Church is fighting to get the Priest out of prison?
                            Fighting the victims. To be quite and go away

Comment

Originally posted by JWHunt View Post
                              Fighting the victims. To be quite and go away
                              Disgusting, but not surprising.

Comment

Beyond disgusting

Comment

Working...
                                X