No announcement yet.

Would you move to the PNW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My cousin had the bright idea to move there. Only lasted 3 months until she moved back. She said the weather made her very depressed.

Comment

I would move their in a heart beat. My favorite region of the country with iut a doubt. The Olympic penensula is amazingly beautiful country. Fantastic fishing and hunting. No brainer to me.

kronik by Diamond

Comment

Texas for me also.

Comment

I would go in a heartbeat but my wifes career trumps mine. Public lands, skiing, hunting, salt and fresh water fishing. All the surrounding states have some of the best hunting in the country. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy. I sure do miss the mountains.

Comment

Gore-Tex is your friend up there. Lived there for 12 years. The mule deer hunting east of the Cascades was fantastic. The elk hunting sucked. The tribes decimated the herds and the people in charge of the Wildlife Department are antis. The duck hunting is some of the best you'll find in the country.

I had a chance to go back there for work, but stayed here. It would depend upon where you move to. North of Seattle/Everett (Mt. Vernon area) isn't too bad and south of Tacoma before Olympia is ok. South of Olympia to the Columbia River can be pretty backwoods.

The scenery is great, the weather in the winter (October thru May) is tolerable with Gore-Tex and the Summer will keep you there.

Comment

You might look into cost of living comparisons. I wanted to move up there after backpacking several national parks. At the time, about 2003, you had to make 85,000/yr to have the same standard of living that 50,000 would get you in Houston. Rural might be cheaper, but check into taxes and other costs of living to make sure the higher salary equals improved living.

Comment

A friend of mine lives outside of Portland. He is a total hipster (which is funny because he is my age) and he says that whole area is like that. I'll pass.

Comment

It's not for me.

Comment

My cousin lives there. Hates the libs and the meth heads

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                      My cousin lives there. Hates the libs and the meth heads
                      Yessum. Have heard from family that it sure ain’t what it once was. Just another California now. Wish the log cabin my grandfather built was still standing. Don’t know when it was torn down.

Comment

My son lives near Bend, has been there for the last 5 years.
                        He loves the outdoor activities, camping, hiking. downhill riding, kayaking and fishing.
                        He hates the constant rain and lefties but tolerates it for the outdoor opportunities.

Last summer we went and on all the telephone poles downtown had flyers.
                        It listed the things you were not to say if you are questioned by ICE.
                        Every other house had a BLM yard sign in parts of downtown Portland.

I have visited a few times, beautiful country, fishing is great but can not handle the other stuff. Not for me..

And if you think drivers are rude in Houston, wait until you drive Seattle area..

Comment

Poster

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Was stationed in Bangor right outside of Silverdale in the Navy. Enjoyed all of it, but the dang rain will wear you down.

Comment

nope

Comment

No WAY, No How!! Too freaky & liberal for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X