Eliminator Spinner Plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eliminator Spinner Plate

I have seen people use these and swear by them. I can’t believe they cost $45 each though, looking for help on finding a good deal on them?

Worth every penny.

Comment

$39 at Buckees and yes, worth twice the price.

Comment

Two years ago we filled all 10 of our feeders on a work trip and had them set for one time a day and the corn had been lasting roughly 2.5 - 3 months. I was back on our lease about 6 weeks after filling and all were empty or nearly empty, this was the first time we ran out of corn so quickly. Looking at game camera pictures we had a serious coon problem. We installed eliminator plates on all the feeders in one trip and I believe our corn consumption has been reduced by 35% - 40%. So much so we now throw more corn than we were throwing before the eliminator plates.

I have heard of some folks having some issues with them but we have had none. I got ours two years ago and paid $39 each. We had to install the funnel with the spout but those only cost a couple of bucks. The biggest problem was all of our feeders have the ammo can control unit under the barrel and the all thread connecting the ammo can to the barrel was not long enough and all had to be replaced. It took me and another guy all day to change them all but I would do it again no questions asked.

Comment

I converted all of mine to eliminator plates. Picked them up at Bucees

Comment

Got mine at Buckees and yes they are worth it. Had bears at the lease in OK that would try to turn over the feeder but thankfully could only tip it some. They would tear off the varmint cage letting the raccoons get to the feeder plate too. I put the Eliminator on the feeder last summer and my 55 gallon drum lasted through the season. No more bears and raccoons on camera at that feeder.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
              $39 at Buckees and yes, worth twice the price.
              Yes sir....and they can be found on Amazon too for $39...

Comment

Does anyone know if you can get them in the smaller diameter motor shaft size? I replaced my bigger ones but the 6v feeders have a smaller shaft.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun shooter View Post
                  Does anyone know if you can get them in the smaller diameter motor shaft size? I replaced my bigger ones but the 6v feeders have a smaller shaft.

I don't know that the 6V is strong enough to spin them fast enough to drop the plate. If there is room in the control box for a 12V battery and the larger 12V motor you can replace those in order to be able to use the eliminator.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun shooter View Post

I called them last year about this issue and they said they were working on it. I was looking at converting the 6v that comes on the Academy stand and fill to 12 volt but using a small shaft 12 volt high torque motor like Texas Hunter Products. I have not seen it available. Maybe time to give them another call.

Comment

Originally posted by refugioco View Post
                      I called them last year about this issue and they said they were working on it. I was looking at converting the 6v that comes on the Academy stand and fill to 12 volt but using a small shaft 12 volt high torque motor like Texas Hunter Products. I have not seen it available. Maybe time to give them another call.

That makes me wonder if it wouldn’t be possible to get a shim to slip over the shaft to make it 1/4”.

Comment

One of the guys on the lease put one of these on his 6V with a 1/4 shaft and it worked until the bears broke the weak mounting brackets on his Sun Slinger.

Comment

We put new feeders with the Timer and had them upgrade to the eliminator plates on all our feeders several years back with no complaints.

Comment

I guess I need to quit being a cheap arze and just get one. I just had an issue with the cost when you can get regular plates for $5.
                            Funny thing is, I don’t have an issue with buying a $100+ 12v system.

Comment

Originally posted by Homer75 View Post
                              I guess I need to quit being a cheap arze and just get one. I just had an issue with the cost when you can get regular plates for $5.

Funny thing is, I don’t have an issue with buying a $100+ 12v system.

It’s worth the cost just for the aggravation factor. It will also save you corn, but when you go out to hunt that feeder and hear it spin and nothing is coming out, you realize you just burned one hunt. That really ticks me off.

Comment

Working...
                              X