Sporting Clay's semi-auto for the wife?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sporting Clay's semi-auto for the wife?

So, i've taken my wife shooting a couple of times and she seems to like it. Looking at getting her a shotgun. I'm thinking a 12 gauge semi-auto for the lower felt recoil. I know she needs to try a few and see what she like's, how they fit, etc., etc.

Any suggestions to help narrow down the search would be appreciated. She's on the small stature side of life. Thanks in advance.

Benelli Montefeltro. Very little recoil.

Comment

Beretta makes some really nice ones and many models to choose from.. The stock is somewhat adjustable for cast using the supplied shims. Being gas operated, the recoil will be reduced.

Comment

I bought one of these for the wife.

I didn’t buy the sporting with the blue but it looks similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by black ice View Post
          https://www.gunsamerica.com/userimag...wm_8312063.jpg

i bought one of these for the wife.

I didn’t buy the sporting with the blue but it looks similar.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
          a400?

Comment

There's a reason most serious clay shooters use gas guns, less recoil. Personally I feel the extra weight of a gas gun also help balance it out. Browning Maxus or Beretta A300/A400 are the top two right now IMO. I'd recommend letting her choose the one she likes the best, and then going to a professional who can fit it to her. Most guns made for men can be fit "close enough" with shims and stock spacers. Women, especially smaller ones will have a harder time.
            Last edited by jdg13; 04-09-2018, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
              So, i've taken my wife shooting a couple of times and she seems to like it. Looking at getting her a shotgun. I'm thinking a 12 gauge semi-auto for the lower felt recoil. I know she needs to try a few and see what she like's, how they fit, etc., etc.

Any suggestions to help narrow down the search would be appreciated. She's on the small stature side of life. Thanks in advance.
              Get it fitted, you would be surprised at the difference it makes.

Comment

a400?

Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mike you have a PM

Comment

My girlfriend shoots with me quite often. She uses a Beretta 391 reduced length parallel comb model. They make this same configuration in the newer A400. It fits most women better than the sporting models and has a shorter length of pull. If your wife is smaller stature as mentioned, it may be something to look at. It may not be what fits her but there is a good chance of it.

Dave

Comment

Gas over recoil gun all day long. Id roll with a Beretta with kick off

My son shoots on the sporting clays team and shoots my old a302. Ive been on the prowl for a a400 xcel

Comment

Beretta A400 with Kick Off gets my vote. I have the Xplorer & the Xtreme.

How did that get on my Avatar.

Comment

Thanks folks. Looking at a Beretta Urika AL391 youth 12 guage. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                            Benelli Montefeltro. Very little recoil.
                            This. Preferably 20 gauge. My wife (and me) loves her’s. It is a dove and quail killing machine as well.

Comment

Thanks folks. Looking at a Beretta Urika AL391 youth 12 guage. Thoughts?
                              I have a 391 also. I like it, no Kick Off & it's a little harder to tear down & reassemble than an A400 but it won't let you down. Good resale also if she wants something different in the future. I don't know why Beretta quit making the 391.

PS. I don't work for Beretta. Kids did competition shooting.
                              Last edited by Monark; 04-10-2018, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X