Google is super creepy!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
    I wanted to make something to take to my parent’s for Christmas so I googled “cream pies.” You should see all the freaky **** I’m getting sent to my email now.
    Hahaha!!!

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
      Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by coldgas View Post
        We're doomed! Google takes over the world in the next 10 years!

I saw a special on I think 60 minutes where they are making robots that are capable of learning humans and having conversation and being a companion. It's crazy how far technology has come.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        LOL, I don't believe your message isn't credible...

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
          I wanted to make something to take to my parent’s for Christmas so I googled “cream pies.” You should see all the freaky **** I’m getting sent to my email now.

Not really related to original topic but...
          Good friend and co-worker was looking for a fan to cool a shop @ work on the company computer. There is actually a company out there that's named Big @$$ Fans, and yes they do make big fans. But when he googled it, had to shut down the company computer quick!

Comment

I was just joking about Google taking over....I hope...

Comment

You can turn specific app permissions off on many phones. Such as turning off microphone permission on facebook or google so it can't listen in on you.

Comment

I swear that you could dream about something and have an ad pop up for it the next day on facebook

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                  That article is interesting, poorly written, & far fetched all at the same time...

Fewer lawyers, yeah like that will ever happen. That’s like saying robots will rid the world of cockroaches....

Comment

The ads are annoying to start with but I sure wish it was smart enough to know that I have purchased a product. Once I have in mind to buy something I will check reviews and learn as much about a product as I can. The ads start showing up everywhere. Once I purchase the item the ads keep coming and wont stop until I start shopping for something else.

Comment

George Orwell told us about it a long time ago. If you have not read it...You should. A lot will be super clear after this book.

I keep my locations off and use my vehicle GPS for directions. What I found intruding about it all was it asking me for reviews and pictures from places I have been. Seriously tracking me for THEIR purposes. I took pics at one place I was at and google automatically put the pics with the place I was at together and I had to go online and remove those pics because of privacy concerns.
                      Big Brother.

Comment

Russia, collusion, google...

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                          Technology is amazing except when it pops up on your wife’s phone too. She knew about the heated jacket for Christmas before it got to the house
                          This is why Jsweet is not married

Comment

Originally posted by coldgas View Post
                            We're doomed! Google takes over the world in the next 10 years!

I saw a special on I think 60 minutes where they are making robots that are capable of learning humans and having conversation and being a companion. It's crazy how far technology has come.

I hope mine is tall, blonde and has small hands.

Comment

The Google Lords are coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                                It’s because both devices are connected to the same google ID, Apple ID or Facebook account.

Today I searched for a camo primaloft vest on my work computer, then
                                Moments later checked Facebook while in the restroom, sure enough that camo vest was in a suggested post a 1/3 or the way down
                                Yep. Pretty convenient when I search for a location & directions on my PC and then open the Google Maps app and it's in my suggested locations. I can see where some ppl may not like that feature but the device-to-device search/shop integration is pretty handy for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X