Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you just disqualify yourself from Boone and Crockett?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It amazes me how many people say they don't care about score but every deer they talk about has a score attached to it. Hell some of them even name a deer after the score.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Guess I'll have to stop horn huntin.... oh wait, I never did.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
        It amazes me how many people say they don't care about score but every deer they talk about has a score attached to it. Hell some of them even name a deer after the score.

Speaking of names: any news on Ole 271?

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter56 View Post
          I have no desire to ever enter a buck in any book and never will. I think any record book or organization should only enter the animal taken with pics of it, area taken and score. Not one pic of the hunter or mention of them. It should be about the animal taken and where.
          It could work that way if the deer could swipe a card or mail a check. Until then, they kind of have to deal with the people willing to pay them.

Comment

I really doubt there are very many B&C bucks shot each year in our state that would qualify. A lot of guys talk big but to actually have a buck qualify under their rules is an accomplishment. P&Y typical can be accomplished just about everywhere in the state with some patience and decent ground but B&C would be extremely difficult, almost impossible in some areas. I don't know if I would enter a B&C if I shot one but I would sure like the opportunity to decide. I've shot some P&Y but never have entered them.

Comment

I'm not a huge fan of the B&C or P&Y clubs - I doubt I would ever attempt to register a deer I shot.
              I do understand how the 'transmitted images' could be viewed as not 'fair chase': Bubba wants to spend his day watching the Iron Bowl or something else at his camp house. Waits for the texted image that his target buck is at the feeder. Stumbles up to his stand, which is a good distance from his feeder, and takes the shot. Makes it back to the game before halftime.
              As for the cellular cameras - I do NOT want one! I have enough trouble focusing on work (or much else) during deer season. I do NOT want to know what is currently at my feeder while I'm not there. Mentally, it is entirely different for me to see what WAS there in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                My opinion is they’re the epitome of elitism.

They’ve taken a stance on canned hunting but in that process they haven’t just alienated small kick and shoot type places but anything with high fence. Now they include rules that disqualify people that use wireless cameras, scopes with built in rangefinders, illuminated pins, luminocks, etc. I’m surprised they still allow feeders.

This entire organization wasn’t founded for conservation it was founded by elitists. At the turn of the century people were still mainly hunting for food not for horns. These days, unless you’re hunting with a teddy Roosevelt commemorative trapdoor rifle in a tweed jacket, you’re not B&C material.

Not to mention, nets are for fish.

I think you're confusing the word elitist with purist.

Elitist use $3500 thermal scopes to kill pigs
                And use multiple $400 game cams to text them pics of a buck that crosses their 2000 lbs feeder in that 3700 acre high fenced ranch they got

I don't use none of that stuff but I don't bag on guys here for doing it.

Kinda like hitting 70 homeruns in a season but using cream instead of clear

Comment

Interesting

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post

TBH...........defacto record book for historical purposes!!! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                      Screw B&C and their elitist BS.
                      Yep. Screw antler restriction too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

I am 100% positive that if i live another 100 years ill never kill a buck that would qualify for a BC buck.

Comment

Originally posted by ShawnEO View Post
                          What a ridiculous rule! It's not like you can get a text or email showing a buck's in or headed to your stand while at your house, drive out there, jump in the stand, and kill him. That is more likely to completely mess up your chances of being successful.
                          !
                          I've done exactly that.
                          On deer and pigs, numerous times.
                          Successfully.
                          Quite a useful tool..

Not interested in the book.
                          The mounts on the wall.

Comment

I keep my hunting equipment P&Y legal.
                            I like an organization that sets limits on how animals are hunted, (killed).
                            Technology is really diluting the true hunting experience.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                              I keep my hunting equipment P&Y legal.
                              I like an organization that sets limits on how animals are hunted, (killed).
                              Technology is really diluting the true hunting experience.
                              I couldnt every tell you what P&Y legal is or isnt lol. I keep it pretty simple so I guess my set up is in accordance.

Comment

Could care less about it.

Skinny

Comment

Working...
                                X