Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you dove hunt with an expensive shotgun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
    No brand new never fired.

Personally, I'd keep it in this condition...

Comment

Shoot the neck out if it. That's what it was made for.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AddisonOil View Post
        Personally, I'd keep it in this condition...
        Why...is there something about this model that makes it collectable & will increase in value I'm missing??

I would agree with you if it was a mint Model 1912 deluxe or similar...not a target semi that I see gaining no real collectability??

Comment

Life is too short to hunt with cheap shotguns! It's a tool. Use it for what it was designed for. Never understood why people have expensive guns and never use them.

Comment

Absolutely hunt with it

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
              They are a pleasure to shoot. They swing, point WORK flawless and are truely an extension of you arm of fit correctly. Of course you could have a cheap gun fitted... but why. It would cost more than the gun and in 5-10 years it's wore out if you high volume shoot.

I've been shooting a silver pigeon for 12+ years. Dove, duck quail, clays. It's covered in marks and scratches, and every one has a story that I'll pass down.

Hunt with that beauty. It's one of the best autos ever made. Enjoy it for what it was created for
              I respect that, but I also believe you can either shoot or you can't

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                I might not hunt with a $50K side by side (if I had one), but I hunt with a $2K gun all the time.
                Funny you say that.....back when I was selling a few dove hunts, a guy showed up with exactly that. He showed up every year with it too. He was a down to earth guy but shotgun shooting was his thing and he had the funds to do it right. It was just one of many he owned. He offered to let me shoot it, I declined, lol.

OP, for me I wouldnt hesitate to hunt with the gun. Just treat it with the respect it deserves and make some memories with your dad's gun.

Comment

Sure

Comment

Absolutely! Use it for what it was made for! Anyways dove hunting is pretty easy on a gun.

Comment

Good looking gun, I'd probably still have a 5:1 ratio with it...

Comment

It would fall into the "will never sell & will always enjoy" category.

Comment

Love dove hunting with my Berretta Silver Pigeon. I like duck hunting with my Benelli Vinci and dove hunted with it a couple times; but always missed the O/U. Not to mention, that 3rd shot on a semi-auto just causes me to waste more ammo.

Comment

Absolutely. Red Label, Citori, Daly, ect.

Unless you know your one of those that is hard on nice equipment. It's just as much fun with a Mossberg 500!

Comment

All day long. They are made to be shot.....not tucked away in a dark safe or closet.

I sweat all over a Browning 725 Sporting 20 ga and love every minute of it. I bought it to dove hunt and shoot clays with. Hell I even had the stock cut down some in a stock fitting this past February. If I ding it, I chalk it up to character....however I do take care of my **** out of the field and I do clean wipe it down after every use. The only time it stays in the case is when its raining and the Benelli M1 20 comes out to play.

Click image for larger version

Name:	725-ab.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	178.0 KB
ID:	24506666

Name:	725-ac.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	24506667

Name:	725-a.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	24506668

Name:	0IMG_7535.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	24506669
                              Last edited by Smart; 08-14-2017, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Heck yah I'd hunt with it. I won't buy or keep a gun I don't plan to use. My go to shotgun is only a $900 Beretta but I'd hunt with a $2000 Beretta just the same. Enjoy it!

Comment

Working...
                                X