Select Baseball 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
    It’s crazy that there are December tourmaments.

was beautiful baseball weather.... awesome even....

Comment

Saturday morning, we showed up to the fields at 7am. Felt like I was headed to the stand. 28 degrees and the fields were frozen up. Had to postpone the first game. Im not a huge fan of baseball in sub freezing temps. Hard on the muscles and hard to warm the arms effectively.

Comment

Originally posted by topherstrux View Post
        Saturday morning, we showed up to the fields at 7am. Felt like I was headed to the stand. 28 degrees and the fields were frozen up. Had to postpone the first game. Im not a huge fan of baseball in sub freezing temps. Hard on the muscles and hard to warm the arms effectively.
        Did ya'll play at BBUSA this past weekend? saw some oiler uni's there..

you gotta know who to grease to get the 9-10am slots ..then go top seed for Sunday...

but no.. luck does play into it a bunch

Comment

How are the YETI teams?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
            How are the YETI teams?
            Hard to see... watched an entire game between the YETI 9U and Bigfoot 9U teams yesterday... neither team can hit...

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
              Did ya'll play at BBUSA this past weekend? saw some oiler uni's there..

you gotta know who to grease to get the 9-10am slots ..then go top seed for Sunday...

but no.. luck does play into it a bunch
              Yessir, we were there. Assuming our coach missed the memo on greasing the dirty palms of Darren. It was stupid. The fields were unplayable.

Comment

Originally posted by topherstrux View Post
                Yessir, we were there. Assuming our coach missed the memo on greasing the dirty palms of Darren. It was stupid. The fields were unplayable.
                I will say our field for a 10:30 game saturday appeared to have been watered the night before..(sprinkler heads were still up..) and that was AFTER 5-10 bags of drying agent was added to the base paths...
                all of which was confusing since we received emails from Larson that they were actively working the fields Thursday...not to mention, since all the rain earlier in the week..
                made for interesting infield plays...

they were better Sunday.

Comment

Word on the street was that they only had 2 guys show up Friday to "work on the fields". Field 3, the field we played on had no work on it until Saturday morning. 2 pallets of quick dry and had to dig out home plate before making it "playable". Larson is a joke. Hes just making sure he can make his benz payment this month.

Comment

I dont believe i have ever heard anyone say anything positive about Larson...ever...
                    hows that guy still this areas utrip guy...

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                      I dont believe i have ever heard anyone say anything positive about Larson...ever...
                      hows that guy still this areas utrip guy...
                      He screwed me out of $500 doing a bait and switch on the venue and when I took it to USSSA they referred me back to the regional director....guess who, Larson. It's a freaking racket and the national and state office could care less that he screws people hand over fist. Dude is a liar, a cheat and a criminal. Other than that he is ok

Comment

Love Travel/Select baseball when the team is ran right. My 10U son started with an expansion team this fall. Looking good so far. Go Alamo Drillers!

Comment

Originally posted by Richardcranium4 View Post
                          Love Travel/Select baseball when the team is ran right. My 10U son started with an expansion team this fall. Looking good so far. Go Alamo Drillers!
                          The drillers 11u team us legit, I'm sure that 10u team will be too. Looking forward to seeing you guys at some point this spring

Comment

Originally posted by jp77 View Post
                            Following, we have tryouts tonight for the 10u Dynasty team, this will be out first spring season with this team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Have played over at Dynasty for years. Very good organization, but it has its days like most.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                              The drillers 11u team us legit, I'm sure that 10u team will be too. Looking forward to seeing you guys at some point this spring
                              I think the 11U team is going for the #1 team in the nation for the third year in a row.

For the 10U, the team looks pretty strong. Practiced a lot in the fall and played in two tournaments. First one was a rain out, and took first in the second. Can't wait to get started back up in the spring. It will take some time, but, I see big things in the future for these boys.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                                Have played over at Dynasty for years. Very good organization, but it has its days like most.

It is definitely a change for us, we played gunners Baseball for the past three years and this is a whole new thing for us.
                                Taylor loves it, despite being a .500 team he enjoys the positive reinforcement, and the ability to spend time on the bump. In the fall he pitched two no hitters!! We have high hopes for the spring season, and are anxious about what tryouts will bring tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X