Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Precision shooters/ reloaders, how do YOU decide on a particular load?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tagged, great info guys!

Comment

Originally posted by cattlelackranch View Post
      If your end game is long range do a ladder test or optimal charge weight procedure by Dan Newberry.
      Some tight groups at 100 don't perform well at long distance. Get a GOOD chronograph.
      Ohler, magnetospeed or Labrador. I prefer the Labradar personally although pricey it has been nice to work with out of the three. Low SD and ES with a high coefficients bullets are your friends the further you get.

Do you find that the magnetospeed effect barrel harmonics during load development?

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
        Do you find that the magnetospeed effect barrel harmonics during load development?

Yes
        Anything that touches the barrel affects harmonics.

Comment

Originally posted by cattlelackranch View Post
          Yes
          Anything that touches the barrel affects harmonics.

This is my belief as well but I have had people tell me that they do not load work ups, seems to me it would.

Comment

1). Figure out my personal goals.
            2). Contact the tech team at the manufacturing companies. Berger is the best/fastest communicators. Barnes is second. Hornady third. There's a lot of hand turn custom lath guys coming out. They're either awesome or horrible at phone communications.
            3). I follow their recommendations dona few tweaks according to my own experience.
            Then I'm good to go.
            Once I commit to a load on a long range/target/Precision gun I never change.

Hunting ammo I play around with a lot but since most of my hognhinting is under 300 yards I'm not as precise when it comes to loading.

Comment

Are you shooting paper or animals?

Comment

Working...
              X