Clear All

Chasing yotes ahead of the rain

Got this on radar headed my way
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1615.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	25127137

Trying to squeeze in 4 or 5 stands before the rain moves in.

Good luck, show us some dead song dogs!

Comment

Crap! Got all the way out here and the batts in my foxpro are dead! Switch must have gotten bumped in my pack

Comment

Good luck!!

Comment

In for pics.

Comment

Missed one that came in hot. In my set up in less than 2 mins of calling, just had a gut feeling I needed to switch the light on and missed him as he stepped into the tall grass

I'll get em next time

Comment

Saw a couple on the road earlier between Ralls and Post. They were moving for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Popped one on our big field last night and it looked like he had rigamortis (sp) when he dropped, but as I was walking towards him he got up and walked into the thick brush all covered with blood, did not look any further as it was getting dark and had no light. Not the best thing to do, but at the time, it was the best choice for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                  Missed one that came in hot. In my set up in less than 2 mins of calling, just had a gut feeling I needed to switch the light on and missed him as he stepped into the tall grass

I'll get em next time
                  Do you shut your light off and wait before turning it back on? We always just keep scanning constantly when we go on predator hunts in Texas. If I were to do it by myself I'd have to get me a head lamp to scan with until they get close enough to hit with the kill light. I've done it where you turn the light off and on with one guy I have done coyote calling tournaments with but they can come in and leave before you know they're there so I couldn't ever get used to doing that.

He's always getting irritated because I can't keep from turning a light on. But the light is your camouflage at night so I can't help it.
                  Last edited by okrattler; 09-23-2017, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X