Archery endorsement required?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe I'm overthinking this: Texas Parks and Wildlife says I gotta have an archery endorsement to hunt. Is this extra? Or, does it come included with my normal hunting license. Is it like a duck stamp? Thanks for the clarification.

Archery "stamp" with your license. Super Combo includes it. You don't actually get a stamp. It's just noted on your license that you paid the extra fee for the endorsement.

Comment

It not included with a normal hunting license, it cost 7 dollars I believe. If u bowhunt you need it.

Comment

It's included in a super combo license... if you get a regular license you need to add the archery endorsement to hunt in an archery only season.

Comment

You have to buy an archery "stamp" unless you have a super combo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
            Maybe I'm overthinking this: Texas Parks and Wildlife says I gotta have an archery endorsement to hunt. Is this extra? Or, does it come included with my normal hunting license. Is it like a duck stamp? Thanks for the clarification.
            It is included in a super combo, but not a standard hunting license. It's only $7, I think.

Comment

To bow hunt in Archery season you have to buy the archery stamp. I buy the super combo and it cover that and most everything else you need. Unless you duck hunt (need Fed duck stamp) and need a free Sandhill (ribeye in the sky) crane if you hunt them.

Comment

If you fish, get the super combo. It covers everything but a duck stamp.

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
                  It's included in a super combo license... if you get a regular license you need to add the archery endorsement to hunt in an archery only season.
                  Nice avi!

Comment

Thanks guys. I've been bowhunting illegally for the past 4 years...I didn't know. Luckily, I've yet to kill a deer with a bow. Maybe if I buy an archery endorsement this year, I'll get a nice buck.

Is the endorsement just for archery season? Let's say I don't hunt in October and I just participate in General? Still gonna get it, just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
                      Thanks guys. I've been bowhunting illegally for the past 4 years...I didn't know. Luckily, I've yet to kill a deer with a bow. Maybe if I buy an archery endorsement this year, I'll get a nice buck.

Is the endorsement just for archery season? Let's say I don't hunt in October and I just participate in General? Still gonna get it, just curious.
                      good question. I always assumed you had to have it if you used archery equipment at all but don't know the real answer.

Comment

Originally posted by acearrow View Post
                        good question. I always assumed you had to have it if you used archery equipment at all but don't know the real answer.
                        You don't have to have it in general season just in archery only !!

Comment

The information on the TPWD website says if you participate in any "archery only open season" you have to have it. Some of the drawn hunts specify endorsements apply at the beginning of the hunt choice also.

Comment

Just buying the normal hunting license doesn't include these stamps - archery, upland game bird, migratory game bird. Pretty worthless for me without these endorsements. Unless you only deer hunt buy the super combo, cheaper than buying all the endorsements, super combo also includes two fishing endorsements, freshwater fishing, saltwater fishing with a red drum tag.
                            Last edited by bossbowman; 08-21-2017, 10:14 PM.

Comment

You need the Archery endorsement/ stamp if you hunt in the Archery only period. You do not need it during the general season.

Comment

Working...
                              X