No announcement yet.

The deadly "v"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great read as we continue on in the season. It can't hurt to take note of the personal testimony here and really focus on shot placement in the coming weeks of general season

Comment

This thread needs to be bumped based on a lot of recent lost deer/shot placement threads....used deadly V last season and took 4 deer with no issues...it works....wait for that front leg to come forward.

Comment

Read this every year. Have the first picture in my phone, look at it all the time.

Comment

The people who really need to see this are the pseudo-professional hunters on TV who take poor shots, often at animals quartered toward them, call it a great shot, then can't understand why the animal went so far or was never recovered. From what I've seen, the people on this site are at least 50% more knowledgeable and 50% more ethical than the average TV guru.

Comment

TV hunting shows = The Gut-shot Games

Comment

On of the greatest posts. Ever.
              Last edited by Dusty Britches; 12-01-2022, 02:02 PM.

Comment

TTT for 2017 season

Comment

Ttt

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Here is a good video and deer model

Comment

Bumping this again. I have read through this thread and gained some info. However, I am not 100% sure where exactly the go to point of entry would be on a perfectly broadside deer. I know that it changes based one the deer's leg position and posture, but which color dot in the below pic would be the ideal "inside the deadly V" location? To me, I would aim slightly below red, however that is also "right behind the shoulder" which most people here believe is too far back. Correct? Thanks!

Last edited by 44mAG; 09-27-2018, 10:21 AM.

Comment

about an inch and half to 2 inches down between the red and yellow dots. heart and lungs.

Comment

I like the green dot. Though, a tad lower.

Comment

Green dot.

Comment

Originally posted by KenWood View Post
                              I like the green dot. Though, a tad lower.
                              Yep.

Comment

I sent this to a friend and thought it's a good time to send out a reminder.

Put your arrow in the deadly V equals a dead deer.

Best of luck to all striking out 10 days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X