South Africa on Lockdown for 21 days!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South Africa on Lockdown for 21 days!

As the title says, the leader of South Africa's government placed the entire region on lockdown until April 16th!

Strict guidelines are a person can leave their homes for food medical care or to collect social grants!

There goes the safaris!

One article was from CNN so not sure how true this is.

Hope the poachers obey the strict guidelines

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post

Awesome...

Comment

As the title says, the leader of South Africa's government placed the entire region on lockdown until April 16th!

Strict guidelines are a person can leave their homes for food medical care or to collect social grants!

There goes the safaris!

I can get my flight tickets cheap right now, but they are not refundable. I am supposed to go in the middle of September. You think I should book them?

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
          I can get my flight tickets cheap right now, but they are not refundable. I am supposed to go in the middle of September. You think I should book them?
          I am going to book as soon as I get my Passport back. I am booked to be there the 19th of Sept. If this virus deal is not over by then, we are all in trouble!

Comment

Yes,
            The lock down started today.

Essential services like farming, security, anti poaching, medical services are all still operating.

You can go buy food, go to the doctor or pharmacy and then go home.

I caught up with some YouTube video edit work

But will be moving around from Monday with permission to assist with security and anti poaching work in my area.

Stay safe

FFF Safaris

Comment

Stay safe Gerhard!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                Awesome...
                Looks to be confirmed.

Comment

Your last sentence is one of the main reasons of everyone’s hysteria. People jumping on anything they see and posting about things they “aren’t sure is true or not”.

And yes, it is confirmed, but why start posting about stuff that quickly if you don’t if it’s factual or not?

Comment

Stay safe Gerhard! Thats getting it done on them jackels!

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
                      Your last sentence is one of the main reasons of everyone’s hysteria. People jumping on anything they see and posting about things they “aren’t sure is true or not”.

And yes, it is confirmed, but why start posting about stuff that quickly if you don’t if it’s factual or not?

I said one of the articles was from CNN, the other was a news agency that I have read before. I just posted about the CNN deal because of the way most feel about CNN. If it had just been CNN I would not have posted, besides the first news article I read had audio from the President of South Africa. I may have worded the last sentence wrong also, sorry.

Comment

I am going to book as soon as I get my Passport back. I am booked to be there the 19th of Sept. If this virus deal is not over by then, we are all in trouble!
                        I believe that mine starts the 21 of September

Comment

I said one of the articles was from CNN, the other was a news agency that I have read before. I just posted about the CNN deal because of the way most feel about CNN. If it had just been CNN I would not have posted, besides the first news article I read had audio from the President of South Africa. I may have worded the last sentence wrong also, sorry.
                          Ok ok. You get a pass then.

Carry on

Comment

Positive totals in South Africa is now 1180 with two deaths.

This lock down is hitting everyone very hard especially financially, I have not done any history or birding guiding for the last 2 weeks and only starting to hunt end of April with local hunters.

I dont know if this virus will blow over by then and at this stage the hunting season looks bleak as well.

Challenging times.

FFF Safaris

Comment

Serious question. Is poaching really a problem over there?

Comment

Working...
                              X