Last Minute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last Minute

Nothing like waiting until the last minute to prepare for the opener. I just finished some arrows this morning. Now I'm at work making list of things to remember to take to the lease. My wife and I bought a house in July to remodel and flip. I told her "this house MUST be done prior to bowseason" Well, we will finish the house this Friday. I've been losing my mind working my normal job then working nights and weekends at the flip house. I have managed to keep corn out and cameras rolling. Just feel really ill prepared. Hopefully I'll remember to take my bow and arrows this weekend.
    Good luck to everyone this weekend!!

Good luck brother I've been working in Louisiana since the last time I saw you all and have had no opportunity to set up a deer lease

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I know the feeling!!! We bought a "new to us" house in June and are right smack in the middle of a monster remodel now!!!! I just set a tripod up yesterday to try to kill the one shooter I have been seeing lately. Oh well, this is my place and if I don't get it done this year, I will have plenty of time to get everything set up just right for next year!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Let's just say that I was fortunate that I didn't suffer any personal property loss.... however Harvey was a real *******. The last month has been nothing but new distractions and no real routine. Work has been kinda crazy, etc. No trips to the lease like we normally would... so I am hoping that there is still some corn at the bottom of the barrels still slinging something from the last trip out. Normally we'd have topped things off 2 weeks ago and uped the throw times... but again, nothing has really been done as we are all from the H-town area and have not been able to prioritize a trip given new oddball work requirements, etc.

I just started a batch of soured corn for some hog bait because I haven't killed ANYTHING since the hog hunt and I don't want to come home not having flung an arrow at something...

Comment

I got off a good lease because I couldn't justify spending that kind of money when I have a new ranch to spend money on. However the ranch has nowhere near the number of deer the lease did. I'm regretting my decision.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

good luck to you as well.

Comment

Good luck to all.

God bless

Comment

I have never been one to prepare for the season
                And every year i tell myself i need to prepare for the season
                I really irritate myself sometimes

Comment

I'm always prepared. I live to hunt and hunt to live.

Scary part is my daughter is getting close on dropping the next grandson. I'm really gonna hurt her and her mom's feelings if it happens on or around next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                    I'm always prepared. I live to hunt and hunt to live.

Scary part is my daughter is getting close on dropping the next grandson. I'm really gonna hurt her and her mom's feelings if it happens on or around next weekend.
                    Sounds pretty inconsiderate of your daughter to plan a pregnancy soo close to deer season!

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Todd View Post
                      Sounds pretty inconsiderate of your daughter to plan a pregnancy soo close to deer season!
                      Agreed. I think I raised her better than that.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

No list needed, just grab your bow and go! Ha

PS as someone who has flipped houses before... they never stay on schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post

Truth! This one should have been finished two weeks ago, but................

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post

Yep, opening weekend is like Thanksgiving dinner. You're always going to think of something you could use but go with what you have and you'll be fine.

Comment

Prepare ahead of time? Takes all the fun out of it! LoL! I've still got broadheads to sharpen, but it'll get done!

LD

Comment

Working...
                              X