No announcement yet.

Jetski John Boat - The JSJB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now I remember...I saw this on Tinboats, It was even better for a second read. Great read and pictures

Comment

thats awesome

Comment

Thanks to everyon for the compliments. If anybody has any specific questions or wants different pictures, let me know.

If you're hunting one of the lakes around DFW and hear an angry chainsaw bouncing across the lake early one morning then flag me down and we'll see what kind of trouble we can cause.

Comment

i just saw this, the possibilities are endles with this thing....can you take some pics of the back where everything sits when you're all done....Great DIY project im diggin it

Comment

Outstanding!

I didn't think those jet skis were THAT fast ... had no idea that same motor would push a boat that fast!

Comment

You did a great job, and you drink great beer.

Comment

Awesome build, great boat.

Comment

Awesome build, I want one!

Comment

Way cool!!!!!

Comment

Chuck Harmon (Empire boats) built some with jetski motors.

Comment

That is a really sweet ride. You can really get in some tight spots with that thing. How does it handle mud or bottoming out? Curious of you hit a sand bar or something. Does it gunk up the jet? Thanks for sharing, really impressed.

Comment

great thread !! that is bas azzz... awesome idea...

Comment

That thing is BAD!

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
                              Now I remember...I saw this on Tinboats, It was even better for a second read. Great read and pictures
                              Thanks. There are a couple guys on tinboats with very nice jetski powered boats. They were a great help for sure.

This is the link to the tinboats build thread if anybody is interested in some of the great advice they have to offer.

Originally posted by Mossback View Post
                              i just saw this, the possibilities are endles with this thing....can you take some pics of the back where everything sits when you're all done....Great DIY project im diggin it
                              I'll pull it out of the garage and snap a few pictures this weekend or next.

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                              Outstanding!

I didn't think those jet skis were THAT fast ... had no idea that same motor would push a boat that fast!
                              This motor came out of a 1995 XP 800. 787cc 110 hp. It will definitely scoot, but looses top speed when you add another person, decoys, gear, etc.

Originally posted by Longhorn1952 View Post
                              You did a great job, and you drink great beer.
                              Had to drink the nice stuff for her first time on the water.

Originally posted by texast224 View Post
                              That is a really sweet ride. You can really get in some tight spots with that thing. How does it handle mud or bottoming out? Curious of you hit a sand bar or something. Does it gunk up the jet? Thanks for sharing, really impressed.
                              The jet stays pretty clean. I have a "swirl" or "cleaver" style impeller on this boat that helps fight the fouling. If you stay up on plain you don't have to worry much about anything in the water.

Mud will get sucked into the engine cooling water if you are idling through water that is less than 8" deep with a soft muddy bottom. The raw water screen makes cleaning up from that pretty easy. Shut her down, and unscrew the filter basket and rinse everything out. Takes about 45 seconds to be back up and running.

Comment

Dude!
                                Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                                l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                                ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Working...
                                X