No announcement yet.

SPAMMER calls are getting more sneaky.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I answer almost every one of them unless I'm busy. I listen quietly to their BS, then in my best Jack Nicholson voice I ask them "Are you neked" all but one has hung up. That lady said well no, and just kept on talking. I had to hang up laughing

Comment

I have had about 15 calls from some guy stating that I need to call his office. its a scam. I guess the elderly fall for it.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
        Wait until they start using your number to call people and those people start calling you back.
        Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post
        This is happening alot. I end up on call for work and they give my personal cell so if I get a missed call I can't catch I have to call back...one poor ladies local number has called me 3 times and she had no idea why I was calling her back. It was a telemarketer when I finally answered it.
        Been happening to me also. Had a guy call me today wanting to know who the hell I was and why I had been calling him. Seven times in the last 2 days he said.

Comment

I love it when they call asking for “Donna” and then proceed to try to just roll into their sales job. I learned last year to immediately say that “Donna” died last month and her assets were equally distributed to the fraternal order of police and other assorted charities....have yet to have one do anything but hang up.

Comment

ATT call protect works pretty dang well.

Comment

I usually ignore them, but every now and then I will mess with them. The other day I got one while I was driving down to Ft. Worth so I decided to mess with them. I have my phone go through the Bluetooth in my car. On this one I answered the phone and pretended to be in the middle of having sex. I kept it up for about 5 minutes before I finally started laughing and the telemarketer hung up when they figured out I was messing with them. At least I saved other people from being called for 5 minutes.

Comment

My friend Andy says that those calls help him to vent his anger away. He just cusses them in the most vile and disgusting language know to man.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                  I've been called by my own number
                  This

Comment

I don’t answer any call that I don’t know the number but lately my phone has been showing the number and says spam likely under it. Definitely don’t answer those!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

SPAMMER calls are getting more sneaky.

Definitely frustrating. I’m on my phone 4-5 hours a day a lot of the time for work and that’s more than enough talking. Another app I’ve had good luck with is True Caller.

Comment

I was called last week by my own number. Was a recording saying my number was being disconnected for security reasons and I needed to enter the last four of my social to keep it active. I just hung up.

Comment

Your carrier is selling you out as well......

I travel for work and after I've been in a location for a few weeks, I'll start getting calls from that area code that are spam. I make a ton of calls to whatever area code I'm in because of my job, but the only one that knows who I'm calling would be my carrier.

I have call protect which filters them, but a slightly unpleasantly worded letter to AT&T seemed to have helped immensely.

I no longer get those calls from numbers in the same area code that I was calling.

Comment

Working...
                          X