2018-19 Gulf Coast Hurricane Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018-19 Gulf Coast Hurricane Thread

If there's already been one started, disregard.

Slightly above average...14 storms forecasted...7 to become hurricanes...3 major hurricanes...38% chance of major hurricane to make landfall on Gulf Coast from Florida Panhandle to Brownsville...Straight from the Crystal Ball @ Colorado State University's Atmospheric Science Department & announced @ the National Tropical Weather Conference.

Just wanted to see what the Green Screen Meteorologist thought

I hope not. I'm still getting things in order from Harvey.

Comment

Tagged. The Weather channel will be along soon screaming about the sky is falling and this will be the worst season in history. At least that is what they have said the last few years in a row.

Comment

Pointless...

Comment

Can someone with a lot more knowledge take a look at the GFS run? It's showing a Cat 1 hurricane coming into The GOM around May 21st!
          Last edited by Sackett; 05-10-2018, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
            Can someone with a lot more knowledge take a look at the GFS run? It's showing a Cat 1 hurricane coming into The GOM around May 21st!

In for a response. That’s a long way out, but it’s been there for several runs that I see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Wow. Already??

Comment

I think that is highly unlikely, but who knows. Florida does however look to get a bunch of rain from a constant stream of Deep Tropical Moisture.

More concerning than the GFS fantasy land storm is the lack of rain shown for us here in TX. Looking hot and DRY through the run, other than a slight chance of showers middle of next week.. Starting early this year.

Comment

No need to worry, its not possible. Hurricane season doesnt start until June 1st.

Comment

Well, they've shifted it further out in the month and yes, Texas looks pretty dang dry the rest of this month!

Comment

GFS is pretty notorious for showing some sort of storm out there 10-15 days out, even in the winter!

Comment

Just saw we have a chance for a hurricane in the next two weeks? What say the green screen experts?

Comment

Originally posted by MisterSanders View Post
                            Just saw we have a chance for a hurricane in the next two weeks? What say the green screen experts?

What are you watching? Always a chance but I haven’t seen that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

First invest of the season designated today with the broad area of low pressure in the western Caribbean. Looks like it should track into the Southern gulf later this week, where it will be met with a lot of shear. At this time, doesn't appear to be any threat to TX, but Florida will continue to get a lot moisture/ran sent it's way, and possibly even a tropical storm. Gulf looks pretty hostile though.

Figured this is a good reminder that the season is upon us, and always a good idea to be prepared with plans at a minimum should something look to threaten our area.

Here is to a quiet GOM season!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X