No more ASAT...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No more ASAT...

First Lite is dropping the ASAT pattern from their new 2018 lineup. I'm a little disappointed since everything I own is in ASAT and it all came from First Lite.

Don't get me wrong, I love my First Lite gear. It is by far the best hunting clothing I have ever worn. I have never been more comfortable in the woods in all weather situations than when wearing my First Lite gear.

BUT I hate to see ASAT go. It happened with all of their Realtree products last year. Wish there was a way to offer the new products in ASAT.

Anyone else wear the ASAT pattern in First Lite gear?

I do. Sucks to see it go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes, exclusively. That really bites big time!

Comment

They should keep ASAT and get rid of their hideous fusion camo.

Comment

I like First Litebut their plain greens and browns are plenty good (i do own a pair of their asat pants)

Comment

I figured this was coming.

Comment

About time they dropped that hideous stuff

Comment

Last edited by 150class; 10-30-2017, 07:52 PM.

Comment

I have a crap ton of FL ASAT. The pattern works very well but it is exceptionally hideous looking when you are head to toe in it. Looks like you are wearing onesie pajamas.

You have to understand from a business perspective that this is a very smart move. Yea they will lose a little business over it but they will benefit their brand by dropping it. No need in paying royalties for someone else's pattern when you have patterns of your own that you spent money to develop. Also people know immediately when they see fusion or cipher, that they are looking at FL clothing. There are other clothing companies that use ASAT. You don't see kuiu or sitka using other people's patterns.

As far as fit, I'm sure FL caters to their biggest market. Which seems to be shorter, rounder americans. I'm 6 foot and an athletic 180 and I find a lot of their base layer tops are borderline too short for me. Their pant sizing sucks too. I need a medium for waist but a large for length. A lot of their pants have elastic in the waist to accommodate a wider range of folks. Elastic waist pants pants suck. I'm paying how much again for pants that have generic sizing?!?!?

I bought my first piece from sitka recently. Very happy with it. I may be moving more that direction in the future. I like their marsh pattern. Browns and tans mainly.

Comment

I do and love it. I really hate to see that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
                      As far as fit, I'm sure FL caters to their biggest market. Which seems to be shorter, rounder americans. I'm 6 foot and an athletic 180 and I find a lot of their base layer tops are borderline too short for me. Their pant sizing sucks too. I need a medium for waist but a large for length. A lot of their pants have elastic in the waist to accommodate a wider range of folks. Elastic waist pants pants suck. I'm paying how much again for pants that have generic sizing?!?!?
                      Good thing for people like you and me, they have now incorporated tall sizes into their pants. I just got a pair of the corrugate pants in large tall and they are a great fit.

Comment

Wow... That does suck.. Badly

I think they've gotten too big for their britches. Alot of people buy their clothes just for ASAT.. I think they will take a much bigger hit from this than they are anticipating.. I bet they drop them, take a huge hit in 2018 with sales, then pick them back up in 2019 lol..

I guess I'm glad I'm 100% stocked up now.. Guess I'll buy some odds and ends in ASAT during Black Friday

Comment

First Lite is having a 40% off sale today on all their ASAT gear. So if you want some, best pick it up now.

Comment

I really don't understand the high priced Camo thing. But sucks about your pattern

Comment

Originally posted by tbeak View Post
                              I really don't understand the high priced Camo thing. But sucks about your pattern
                              I didn’t either until I bought some. Wearing 2 thin, form-fitting layers at 35* and staying comfortable is worth it to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X