Another House Build Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sendit View Post
    I wonder why your guy doesn't like pocket doors? I have 5 pocket doors to make and install in my barndo build. It's going to be lot more work over a conventional door but that what the wife wanted. Mine will not be the cheap big box versions but made with higher end hardware with plywood sides.
    How do you fix them when they come off track? Tear the wall out?

Comment

Framing is starting to come along. We have been getting a good bit of rain and plenty supposed to come this week. Im sure this will slow it down, but the rain is needed!
      Attached Files

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Looks great. Is that pond yours or the neighbors? Pretty cool little setup.

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
            Yessir that is our pond.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
              Looking good!
              Thanks man!

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
                Well I should have clarified, it is part of the family land. The 100 acres behind us is all family land.

Comment

Beautiful setup. One thought - with the rain, i would get a moisture meter and check the wood before you cover it up with house wrap, roof decking, etc. don't let the labor decide when it's ready or you may regret it later.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                    Beautiful setup. One thought - with the rain, i would get a moisture meter and check the wood before you cover it up with house wrap, roof decking, etc. don't let the labor decide when it's ready or you may regret it later.
                    Where would I find a moisture meter and which parts would I be checking just the OSB?

Comment

Looks Good Man! we are behind you still but coming along!

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                        How do you fix them when they come off track? Tear the wall out?

I have pocket doors on bathrooms and closets in my house. House was built in ‘91 and we’ve never had one come off the track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tag

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
                            Where would I find a moisture meter and which parts would I be checking just the OSB?
                            Very inexpensive on Amazon ($30 bucks). I would check any wood surface that will be covered up and prevent drying. Look for < 15%. It can be hell on drywall as the studs can shrink and pull the nails/screws through the drywall.

It may be too late but I would not let OSB get wet at all - that stuff will dry out but never be the same if it gets too wet.

Hopefully stuff is drying pretty quick in this heat.

Comment

How it coming along? we should be dried in this week

Comment

Looks good.

With this summer, you are totally safe to install all exterior sheathing, roof decking, shingles, ect. The framing members will completely dry out while working on the mechanical roughs and such. January-March is a different situation.

Use the moisture meter and test it out. I'll bet your readings get to 10 & less before you hang s/r.

Comment

Working...
                                X