4 Wheeler fuel leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 Wheeler fuel leak

My 4 Wheeler is leaking fuel from that little tube pointing straight down, in the middle of the picture. I don't see an old hose laying around it anywhere. Any thoughts?
    It's got me very nervous since I had a '76 Bronco that burned up because of a "minor" fuel leak.

Excuse all the cob webs. Its been out of commission for a while. Just got it running again this weekend.

Comment

On 660s grizzlys the float will stick and dump all your fuel out as it is gravity feed.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJanow View Post
        On 660s grizzlys the float will stick and dump all your fuel out as it is gravity feed.

This.

Ethanol IS NOT your friend, regardless what the EPA says.

Easy fix, just needs a good cleaning.

Comment

Yep sticky float

Comment

Take the bowl off and clean it real good with some carb cleaner.

Comment

Yeah that outlet is just the carb drain on the bottom of the bowl. Easiest guaranteed fix would be to buy a carb rebuild kit (they are cheap on eBay) and install it. Not hard at all if you know how to turn a screw driver. Will come with new jets, O-rings, seals, etc. that way you can almost guarantee you get all the lacquer out after cleaning major components with B12. Cleaning alone will work but you have to be super thorough on the small parts.

Comment

After ya get the stuck float fixed be sure to use the marine stable fuel additive. It really seems to help with ethanol fuel problems

Comment

Just did on my Kodiak Yama..needed float, needle valve, and bowl gasket. Check your oil when mine started it dumped all the fuel in the oil tank. Gravity feed at its best. Probably buy a new fuel shut off valve and always turn off and run the fuel out before storing.

Comment

yep all of the above. How does it run? That looks like the idle knob. Doesnt look too bad

Comment

Change out the carb.

Comment

I had the same problem a while back... after trying to get the dang gasket back in withOUT success... I ended up just getting a new carb off Ebay. bolted it on and away I went.

And... yes, I had a lot of gas in my oil...and air filter housing. Check that as well.

Comment

Thanks y'all. I've been using sea foam in it for about 2 years, but it is an old atv. Guess I know what I'll be working on this weekend.

Comment

Working on rebuilding the carb. Can anyone tell me what this little Washer goes on? I've looked all over this thing and nothing like that came off when I took it apart.Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1449980336632.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	24420366

Comment

Look at a 4 wheeler parts site and they will have an exploded view and you can see where it goes. Forgot to mention the first time there is a hose thar comes off thst nipple and hangs down below the motor so if it leaks it wont build on top and catch fire. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X