Leupold VX-2 (3x 9x 40)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leupold VX-2 (3x 9x 40)

Thinking about buying this scope for my 30-06 rifle. Do you think this scope will be good for 200 to 300 yard shots?

Absolutely--a 3-9 was all I had on my .25-06 and 7Mag when I was hunting S. Tx and never felt underscoped.

Comment

Go find something thats 300 yards away and look thru the scope. 300 yards is not that far, I would say you could make that shot with a 1-4 no problem.

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Not a problem at all. I have shot out to 460 yards with my vx3 3-10 power scope. My vx2 3-9 power looks just as good out that far. I definitely recommend that scope. Have had mine for over 10 years and not a single problem. And it used to get shot a lot each year.

Comment

I have a v2 3x9x40 with the Leupold dot on my Browning Abolt and have zero issue seeing or getting on a target out that far. Mine was mounted in the gun new about 10-12 years ago and has needed almost no adjustment since then. Great scope.

Comment

My new shooting range is going from less than a 100 yrds at my Fredericksburg lease to up to 300 yrds at my newly purchased property in Val Verde County. I will bow and gun hunt it. I have long range shots from the top of my hill which is forcing me to do a scope upgrade. If I had a better scope when I went Black Buck hunting in Edwards County last year, I could have taken a 4 curl Black Buck instead of a 3 curl. 4 curl came out at about 250 to 350 yds and passed on it. I'm still happy with my 3 curl. Got my 3 curl at 135 yrds.

Comment

Working...
              X