Help with BH and FP's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with BH and FP's

I'm pretty new to setting up my bow and tuning it all, I'm attempting at learning to do it myself. I shoot a Bear Strike set at 60 lbs, 400 grain arrows and 125 grain FP and BHs.
    My issue is that when I have my sight and rest tuned for FPs, my BH's are shooting to the right and a little low at 20 yards. When I adjusted to the BHs my FPs are shooting left now.

Thanks

Get the bow tuned by either starting with paper tuning, going to walk back tuning and then BH tuning. make sure your spine is correct with your arrows and your set up and that your BH's spin perfectly true on your shafts. Easton tuning guide is a good place to start.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
      Get the bow tuned by either starting with paper tuning, going to walk back tuning and then BH tuning. make sure your spine is correct with your arrows and your set up and that your BH's spin perfectly true on your shafts. Easton tuning guide is a good place to start.
      And if your arrows arn't spinning straight? I have herd of straighting a insert.

Comment

What I do with my BH's is to lay out every arrow I have and every BH I have that I am going to hunt with and take a BH and screw it on a shaft and if it does not spin perfect, then I try it on another shaft. there is a device that you can use to square the end of an insert without having to get the insert out. If the insert is epoxied in, it can be difficult to get out. Carbon arrows should spin straight unless the are cracked or a aluminum/carbon mis and then those can be bent.

Comment

What broadheads are you shooting?

Wouldn't be Muzzy's would it?

Comment

Thanks for the advice so far. I'll probably paper tune again, I did it originally. They all seem to spin fine.

Tubby: using hellrazors and thunderheads, used 2 different kinds to test to make sure it wasn't just the broad head.

Comment

Questions now. At 10 yards I'm shooting dead on with both BH and FP, at 20 yards the FP goes left and BH are a little right.

Comment

You'll find the Thunderheads will most like wobble due to the o-ring. Never used Hellrazors but did Thnderheads for many yrs til I realized what was happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Txbhunter1 View Post
                  You'll find the Thunderheads will most like wobble due to the o-ring. Never used Hellrazors but did Thnderheads for many yrs til I realized what was happening.
                  if you have a lathe or drill press turn part of the shank down then down where the ubar can slide further towards the tip, then you dont need a o ring
                  Last edited by Skullworks52; 07-31-2012, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X