No announcement yet.

They found me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah they have completely pushed deer away from my feeder. Light them up.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
      In the blind with the fattest coon under the feeder in broad daylight. Wish I had brought the bow and was on the ladder. Don't want to ruin the hole hunt shootin a coon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Good luck with the pigs but you might want to rethink shooting a coon first even with a bow. More times then not if you shoot a coon before the hogs come in, the hogs will bust you from the scent of your arrow or blood from the coon. I used to shoot coons first all the time but after getting busted by the hogs later I no longer shoot a coon until I'm ready to leave.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
        Good luck with the pigs but you might want to rethink shooting a coon first even with a bow. More times then not if you shoot a coon before the hogs come in, the hogs will bust you from the scent of your arrow or blood from the coon. I used to shoot coons first all the time but after getting busted by the hogs later I no longer shoot a coon until I'm ready to leave.
        x2! Agree completley

How do you like that moultrie wireless setup? I have 3 888's and am worried about the battery life when switch to wireless

Comment

I got the solar battery for the moultrie mobile after a couple of weeks. The modem doesn't use the much juice but it seems to drain the camera battery really fast. Been great since I set the solar up.

Yeah, not planning to shoot coons first tonight. I'm bringing a .22 with a light on it. Figured out the other night when I walked up to the feeder it's pretty easy to shine their eyes up in the trees. I just didn't want to be sending .556 rounds up in the air knowing people live not too far away.

Comment

Bout flippin time!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Nice job

Comment

Good job!!

Comment

I need to research tenderizing these things. Went with Korean BBQ marinade tonight. Tasty but tough.

Comment

I saw somewhere a guy covered a cheap cut of beef with salt and let it sit for an hour or so. Washed the salt off and it tenderised the meat don't know if it would work on pork.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats Chris

Comment

Chris - get a jaccard from Academy and puncture the crap out of it. It was be more tender after a serious jaccard session. Get the 48 blade version.

Comment

Originally posted by TX Outlaw View Post
                              Congrats Chris

Did you ever get time to hunt your place Tony?

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                                Chris - get a jaccard from Academy and puncture the crap out of it. It was be more tender after a serious jaccard session. Get the 48 blade version.

I'm thinking my wife would use the heck out of one of those. Gonna go get one.

Comment

Working...
                                X