No announcement yet.

7 year old shooting a blackbuck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I appreciate all the input. My son has a basketball game Saturday morning, looks like Friday evening and Saturday evening we will do a live hunt. I saw three blackbuck this evening that are on the hit list. Fingers crossed, he will be shooting a CZ 527, .223 with a 55gr Remington soft point. I will try my best to keep everyone updated on the live hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I say go for it. My first offshore fishing trip as a kid was unbelievable, and I had no idea how special it was. I’ve been chasing that high ever since and have loved every time I’ve gone out. I imagine this will be the same.
      Good luck and I’ll be following along.

Comment

My son has been sitting in the stand with me since he was 5. When I told him the day we where going that it was his turn he was super excited. His first hunt at 7, was the pig, dropped it at 90 yards. I had it euro'ed for him and in his room on the mount so he will always remember it. The buck was his first he shot at 120 off of shooting sticks, again dropped it with a neck shot. The buck should be on the mount this weekend after we get it back from being hydro dipped. I really dont thing age has anything to do with it but the maturity they are when they start and the understanding of why you are there doing what you are doing. You are not there just to kill an animal but there to harvest the animal. Aiden has a clear understanding that if he kills something he will have to eat it unless we are varmint hunting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3043.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	163.0 KB
ID:	24570695

Name:	IMG_3097.jpg
Size:	169.8 KB
ID:	24570696

Name:	IMG_3175.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	24570697

Comment

Leaving at 1pm tomorrow, going after him as soon as we get there. Will try and keep it live as possible.

Comment

We shot this one this past weekend. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1928.jpg
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	24571173

Comment

Good luck Matt

Comment

Did he ask to shoot it? If it is something that he really wants to do go for it.

Comment

Well, not the one we were after but great blackbuck, sorry it wasn’t a true live hunt. 162 yards, dropped dead, .223, 55gr Remington soft point. 18 inches. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1955.jpg
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	24571228

Comment

Better pic with the new camera. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6516.jpg
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	24571264

Comment

Very nice, congrats to the young hunter.

Comment

Last year my eight year old (then 7) needed a little incentive to work for in school. That incentive was a couple of Texas does. Did it spoil him? A little, but it was well worth it and he'll look back someday and shake his head.
                        When our gun season came in November he didn't want to go sit in a tree stand with wind, snow and no feeder here in Minnesota, said he prefers the nice elevated blinds and feeders in Texas. Spoiled rotten.
                        He did take a nice black buck this past December, but it was more about the landowners blessing and the opportunity to share the experience with grandpa and dad. He has no idea how blessed he is to be able to participate in a hunt like this, or how hard a person needs to work to regularly take hunting trips. That said, if an opportunity exists, take it. He may not fully comprehend it now, but he will eventually, and there will be plenty of other bucket list items to check off. Just place yourself.
                        Lastly, anyone want to do and express with a black buck shoulder mount from Junction to Minneapolis? I can take you walleye fishing, deer and pheasant hunting when you get here?

Comment

Originally posted by Clintk View Post
                          Good luck Matt

Thanks Clint, as you can see we got it done. The one we were after did not cooperate at all and we had limited time.

Comment

Working...
                          X