• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cardio, chest and abs today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Legs and shoulders today.

Used the squat rack for the first time today since my surgery. Only used the bar, but it sure felt good after the first set. My knees have been so weak its even been hard to sit on the toilet! When you get to a certain point and then your knees won't support you it kinda sucks!

Squat/lateral raise
      Leg extension/dumbbell press
      calf raise/clean and press/bilateral leg press
      Reverse cable fly

Then it was off to the box for my hip therapy exercises. They really suck.

Comment

Yesterday was cardio, legs and abs. My oldest son is getting married tomorrow so Im out of the gym for probably 5-6 days, depending on when out of town guests leave.

Comment

I finally just got a gym membership so no more excuses. In the last two weeks I’m down from 235-238 to 229 this morning. Yesterday I had a great workout 3.25 miles on the treadmill @5.5-6mph then back and arms and finished the work out with 4.5 miles on the bike.

Tonight I’ll do legs.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
            Yesterday was cardio, legs and abs. My oldest son is getting married tomorrow so Im out of the gym for probably 5-6 days, depending on when out of town guests leave.

The gym sounds like a good place to go if you need a break. I'd sure be there!

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
              I finally just got a gym membership so no more excuses. In the last two weeks I’m down from 235-238 to 229 this morning. Yesterday I had a great workout 3.25 miles on the treadmill @5.5-6mph then back and arms and finished the work out with 4.5 miles on the bike.

Tonight I’ll do legs.
              Awesome! Welcome to the thread! Pick it up and put it down is what it's all about.

Click image for larger version

Name:	lift-things-up-and-put-them-down-o-s.gif
Views:	3
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	24556079

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                Awesome! Welcome to the thread! Pick it up and put it down is what it's all about.

[ATTACH]928496[/ATTACH]

Thanks I tried working out at home but just can’t find enough motivation so I joined planet fitness and I’m loving it. A few years ago I was doing CrossFit and had amazing gains but hurt my shoulder that put me out of lifting for almost 1.5 years. Feels good to be sore!

It’s amazing that 2 weeks of working out daily my normal body pains are gone. I always had very tight joints my back neck and hands always hurt, I felt very tired all the time also. Right now I’m feeling like 100$!

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                  The gym sounds like a good place to go if you need a break. I'd sure be there!
                  The wedding is out of town and then we will have a few friends at our house for a couple of days until they leave. I would agree if it was family but I actually like these people lol.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                    Thanks I tried working out at home but just can’t find enough motivation so I joined planet fitness and I’m loving it. A few years ago I was doing CrossFit and had amazing gains but hurt my shoulder that put me out of lifting for almost 1.5 years. Feels good to be sore!

It’s amazing that 2 weeks of working out daily my normal body pains are gone. I always had very tight joints my back neck and hands always hurt, I felt very tired all the time also. Right now I’m feeling like 100$!

That Cross Fit is great right up to the point you need surgery. The Ortho doctors love Cross Fit because their practices have never had more business. Glad to have you on the thread and yes it is amazing how much getting up and moving around will make you feel better. I try to tell this to all my couch potato friends and family when I hear them complaining about lack of energy and constant aches and pains. Strong muscles will cure a lot of problems.

Comment

In the gym for a good morning today. Back and Biceps. Pretty darn heavy this morning with a 4X5-8 supersets. 5 minutes warm up on the treadmill the 3 warmup sets of lat pull downs and bilateral dumbbell curls.

Bilateral lat pulldown/barbell curl
                      T-bar row/hammer curl bar
                      Low row (intermediate grip)/Incline dumbbell curl
                      Overhead cable curl
                      Hips replacement therapy

Tomorrow will be legs and shoulders.

Comment

Chest,triceps,and abs last night feeling pretty sore today.
                        5x5
                        1mile on tread mill
                        Bench
                        Dumbbell press(incline)
                        Dumbbell flys (incline)
                        Overheard triceps extensions
                        Cable flys
                        Supported dips
                        Triceps pull downs
                        Sit ups

My back isn’t still sore from 5x5 deadlifts the other day. Today is back,bicep,cardio.

I’ve been doing cardio every day before I lift even fits it’s just a mile on the treadmill.

Can anyone recommend me a good 5 day split for building strength/ burning fat?
                        Last edited by BLACKFINTURKEY; 10-15-2018, 11:33 AM.

Comment

I took vacation last week, but was planning on still working out. That didn't happen, unless you count all the times I went up and down tree stands, (mostly climbing stand... good ab and chest workout) and cleaning up around the house and the lease. If I had a 20# coozie, I'd have huge arms![emoji16] Back at it today.
                          DB side step ups.
                          Physioball hamstring curls.
                          Spiderman push-ups.
                          DB clean and press.
                          Pull-ups.
                          Tubing eccentric brake slammers.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Wide Grip pull ups/standing ohp
                            Close Grip pull ups/Z-press
                            90 second rest between sets of 5x5.

I'm in pathetic shape.

Comment

Jumping jacks 1 minute.
                              Low plank Mt climbers 1 minute.
                              Inch worms 1 minute.
                              Bodyweight squats 1 minute.
                              Rest 1 minute.
                              Done as circuit 4 times.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

I haven't made it in since Monday due to the flooding response here. I'm felling it too. Maybe tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X