Neighbors dogs running wild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
    talking about it is the first mistake...
    boom.. Sss

Comment

This is what I would suggest, I had this problem with dogs and cattle and Animal Control, at the County level, was contacted and made aware of the situation. They talked to the dogs owner and told them to keep their dogs restrained, the afternoon I killed 4 dogs, I called AC and they came right out, Id'ed the dogs, threw them in the back of the truck and took them to the land owners house. That was that...
      Originally posted by Muskles View Post
      I had this problem a few years ago. Called the GW, he said call animal control. Called animal control and they said since it was outside the city limits, I need to call the sheriff. Called sheriff and he said call animal control. I was told it's a felony to shoot someone's dog. If the owner won't do anything, you're kinda screwed, in my experience.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

This past Summer I was getting tons of trail cam pictures of my neighbor's dogs on our property. I politely mentioned it to her and I haven't seen a dog in 6 weeks.
        Problem solved and no one's pet had to die. Sometimes it's just that easy to do the right thing.

Comment

Don't you shoot my dogs!!! There were chasing your stupid deer back over to your property. Keep your deer at your own place or I will shoot them.

Comment

I can't see myself shooting someone's pet, meaning a dog with a visible collar. I had 12 dogs running my lease last season. Four packs of three dogs, strange they ran in threes. I talked to my leaseholder since he lives there and knows almost everyone if he recognized the dogs or knew who the owners were. He knew a few, but the others he didn't.
            A few well placed warning shots seemed to do the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by John Paul View Post
              I’ll never forget once Christmas morning sitting in a tripod before light I heard a faint sound of bells. It got closer and closer and I thought heck, I’ll shoot a reindeer. It was a Stt Bernard with bells around it’s neck. At the time it was kinda funny.
              Did you get a complete pass through?

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                This is what I would suggest, I had this problem with dogs and cattle and Animal Control, at the County level, was contacted and made aware of the situation. They talked to the dogs owner and told them to keep their dogs restrained, the afternoon I killed 4 dogs, I called AC and they came right out, Id'ed the dogs, threw them in the back of the truck and took them to the land owners house. That was that...

Very similar experience , only thing they took back to the owners were the collars and given notice that I would be seeing them in civil court for livestock damages. Took almost 2 years to get it to court but I recovered all my losses.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                  If one of my dogs got out and was shot by someone....I'd burn down their house....by accident, of course.
                  Agreed.... or worse, hunting accidents happen all the time.

Comment

What became of the Guy that shot the tracking dog last year and threw the collar in his pond?

Comment

I couldn't bring myself to shoot someone's pets, no matter how annoying, unless they were actually a threat to me or my kids.

My old place had a real issue with wild dogs though. I'd get pictures of collarless pits at my feeder and a big, white sheepdog would pass through from time to time. I always assumed the sheep dog was someone's pet and gave him a pass, but apparently he was the biggest calf killer of them all and I was the only one who ever had him in the crosshairs. Owner of the neighboring place was the owner of Blue Bell and his ranch manager was furious when I told him I'd seen the dog and not shot it.

Comment

When I had a similar situation I sent pics (game cam and cell phone) to the County Animal Control office. The officer called me and we discussed. The officer went to the owner and gave him a warning. Letting him know his dogs were harassing neighbors and he could be cited for not keeping his property on his property. I haven't seen his dogs on camera in over a year. Good luck with whichever route you take.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                          What became of the Guy that shot the tracking dog last year and threw the collar in his pond?
                          Last I read he was in it deep over that.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                            If one of my dogs got out and was shot by someone....I'd burn down their house....by accident, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
                              I couldn't bring myself to shoot someone's pets, no matter how annoying, unless they were actually a threat to me or my kids.

This^^^

Comment

I had a similar problem up in a lease by eastland
                                Needless to say i had to take care of them by trapping w dog food and hauled em to the pound by my house 2 hrs away- they never showed back up at my lease

Comment

Working...
                                X