Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elk Hunters ~ Approximate time of your elk kills.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mid morning and late afternoon.

Comment

Allsome! Looks like its daylight to dark! That's what I've observed myself on my two tries.

30 days........and coming fast! Third time is gonna be a charm.
      Last edited by Traildust; 08-16-2018, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Saw one herd of elk in the morning heading up the mountain just after sunrise. Saw another herd mid morning a few days later after a heavy snow around 11'500'. Big bull and a handful of cows feeding on something on that mountain side

other than that, after multiple trips out west, all my elk sightings have been in the evening. One I shot last year was just before dark. Another hunter killed his the next day right at dark. One guy in our party shot one in the morning. I hear more shots in the morning though. Year before that one guy in our party shot one in the morning.

But my experience, I see more in the evening.

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
          I have a question about all of the late evening kills. Were the elk recovered within a few hours or, were they recovered the next day? If it was the next day, was the meat still good?
          mine was shot right at dark. died about 50 yards after impact and I gutted him. left him there overnight in 15 degree temps.

he is an old rutty bull, but he wasn't the best eating

Comment

Late evening, double lung and died in sight.

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
              Saw one herd of elk in the morning heading up the mountain just after sunrise. Saw another herd mid morning a few days later after a heavy snow around 11'500'. Big bull and a handful of cows feeding on something on that mountain side

other than that, after multiple trips out west, all my elk sightings have been in the evening. One I shot last year was just before dark. Another hunter killed his the next day right at dark. One guy in our party shot one in the morning. I hear more shots in the morning though. Year before that one guy in our party shot one in the morning.

But my experience, I see more in the evening.
              Off-topic here: TxTrophy85: tell me about that dark critter in your avatar, please.

Comment

0900 here

Comment

1 right at 1st light. 1 right at last light. Seen more in the AM when chasing muleys.

Comment

got my bull last year about an hour before dark... Late September near Gunnison

Comment

7 morning
                      1 evening

Comment

Evening

Comment

6 morning 5 evening

Comment

Working...
                          X